Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Please note this role is field based role and will require frequent travel around the North. You will cover all stores from Birmingham upwards and all of Scotland and including Ireland. This role does include a company car or cash allowance and business need expenses covered.
Here's the exciting bit…a great day includes
- Assist Regional Health & Safety Managers to ensure A S Watson Companies (Superdrug, Savers and the Perfume Shop) comply with all aspects of our Health & Safety Policy and Group Health & Safety Standards.
- Create a positive approach to Safety, Fire Risk, Accident Prevention and the health of all employees within their relevant Region.
- Assist the relevant Regional Health & Safety Managers in providing advice, support, training, monitoring of stores, DC's and offices to ensure compliance with our Health & Safety Policy etc and to provide feedback on any related incidents that occur.
- Coach employees on all aspects of health & safety matters to prevent work related accidents and ill health, the role will included extensive travel throughout the UK with overnight stays.
- To ensure the Business’s Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Standards are followed
- To support the HOD and RH&SM in delivering high levels of Safety and to create a positive approach to safety, fire risk, accident prevention and the health of all employees to assist with the business's aim of reducing accident numbers and potentials and complying with all applicable H&S legislation.
- To give priority to attending and represent H&S team at Area Manager Meetings and Health & Safety committee meetings.
- To ensure our Health & Safety Policy, Health & Safety Standards, FR Policy, OSP's are available and understood by store and area management.
- To ensure all store and area management employees are aware of and understand our Health and Safety Policy and Health & Safety Standards for their particular function.
- Encourage and maintain positive measures to raise the level of health & safety performance within the business.
- Regularly carry out proactive inspections of our premises and activities to determine whether the highest standards of health & safety matters, which are reasonably practicable to attain, are being achieved within the relevant regions.
- Investigate and report on accidents/incidents, recommend actions to prevent reoccurrence, circulate information and provide information/data to the HOD & RH&SM.
- Assist in carry out the H&S training programmes and any on-site training requirements
- Maintain close contact with and keep informed HOD & RH&SM.
- Develop good working relationships with the area, regional and store managers within the relevant region.
- Liaise with the HSE, Local Authorities, Fire Authorities and any other safety organisations
- To be fully conversant with all current health & safety legislation, codes of practice, and other documents that give guidance on the means of ensuring a good standard of health & safety, which is reasonably practicable to attain, is achieved.
- Aid Regional H&SM and HOD in prepare for consideration by the Business procedures for dealing with specific hazard.
- Complete Building Surveys in relation to immediate H&S risk where requested.
- Support Project teams as requested on PM, specification and H&S/Fire risk related aspects
- Support property and facilities team as requested for feasibility reports and proposed specifications for new sites
- Audit contractors/ service providers competence and advise the business on the outcome
- Assist store management to ensure that contractors safe systems of work are adequate
- Liaise with H&S Team and Assistants to provide up to date data on Accidents, illness, RIDDOR, FRA, EHO and FO attendance at site levels and any requirements resulting from these.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
Key Health and Safety Responsibilities
Your duties as an employee are to:
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do at work;
- Cooperate with the employer on health and safety matters;
- Not misuse any equipment that is provided for safety purposes (e.g. fire extinguishers or safety goggles);
- Follow instructions from the employer on health and safety matters and attend relevant health and safety training;
- Report hazards and defects observed in the workplace; and
- Report any accident, injury or near miss in the workplace.
- Internal - Retail Operations – Store/Area managers, regional general managers, Property teams – Estates, Facilities, Implementation, and Project Management, Store operations, Health and safety and insurance manager, Regional HR Manager and Learning and Development Manager.
- External - Local Authorities (including our Primary Authority Partners), architects, planning departments and Professional Bodies
What you’ll need to succeed
Qualifications and Training
- Recognised level six health & Safety qualification (or working towards) – Essential
- A recognised fire safety qualification - Essential
- A recognised UKAS accredited asbestos management qualification – Desirable
- A recognised training qualification (i.e. PTLLS) – Desirable
- A recognised construction management qualification - Desirable
- Experience in a general building position, or a fire risk assessment audit position or similar position
- Experience in a fast moving retail environment would be a distinct advantage
- Up to date working knowledge of current relevant fire and general health and safety legislation
- Proven ability to think laterally and solve problems and to demonstrate decisiveness
- Ability to understand, challenge and modify different IT collation systems provided by third parties to assist with the delivery of the various audit programmes
- Effective data inputting and analysis
- Ability to work together as part of a larger team, and to be able to tailor the information as appropriate to the audience
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, as the work requires interaction at all levels, building lasting relationships with clients and colleagues, negotiating agreements, making presentations and submitting reports
- You will be commercially aware and ensure that you are adding maximum value to our businesses
- You will be given high levels of responsibility and you should be highly self motivated and good at proactive management
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative Office near East Croydon Station
- 2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
- On-site beauty treatments and canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Hours: 39 hours
Location: This is a field based role and will require frequent travel around the North. This role does include a company car or cash allowance and business need expenses covered.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply