Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
Through understanding customer needs, identify and source new products and review existing to ensure commercially viable range of products that provide our customer withquality and value, whilst maintaining competitiveness and driving sales and profitability and overall commercial strategy.
1. Maximise pharmacy and healthcare margin through effective negotiations withsuppliers and wholesalers, buy in margin management, reducing owings, leakage and ensuring each pharmacy’s profitability is maximised
2. Produce margin and income forecasts (across products and services) and projections and drive activity to ensure that year end ebit targets are exceeded
3. Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing promotion plans and strategies that are relevant to category; adhere to legislation and brand guidelines’; and clearly and effectively communicate with the customer, driving loyalty, footfall and profitable sales.
4. Work with Own Brand team to develop and deliver Own Brand products/ranges that deliver increased participation and loyalty and meet agreed strategy and plans.
5. Working in partnership with the wholesalers and operation team to, agree stock strategy that drives and delivers right stock to the right store; ensuring availability in store; and control stock (fast or slow moving).
6. Identify and implement new product / service opportunities that are competitively priced, differentiate Superdrug, commercially viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability.
7. Develop effective internal working relationships with cross functional team members to support and enhance category objectives and performance
8. Develop build and maintain effective external relationships to enhance the Superdrug proposition and meet customer needs.
9. Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business.
10. Take ownership of cross functional implementation, focusing on driving sales and stock management, resulting in an acceleration or ability to drive change and grow sales.
11. Category expert – utilise and continually develop knowledge in category products, competitors and market activity to deliver increased category performance objectives
What you’ll need to succeed
• You should have Buying experince gained within a similar role
• Commercially sound with excellent ability to understand and interpret market information
• Strong analytical skills. Numerical.
• Ability to influence at all levels
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Project Management - planning and organisation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
• Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply