Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
As our Junior Quality Assurance Manager you will manage Own Brand product development, quality and supplier base across various assigned categories by working closely with commercial, design and supply chain colleagues. You will deliver the agreed New Product Development plans by providing technical expertise throughout the new product development process and ensure pre and post launch product compliance and supplier compliance with both ASW Guidelines and existing regulatory requirements.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
- Develop Own Brand product ranges with the commercial team; setting out the technical and corporate social responsibility requirements.
- Ensure all suppliers comply with and maintain compliance with AS Watson requirements.
- Deliver the technical elements of the New Product Development process and ensure ongoing product and supplier compliance with AS Watson guidelines and relevant legal requirements.
- Manage quality process within category, including for example product, packaging and pack claims.
- Ensure pack claims made can be substantiated; and quality issues are resolved with suppliers and other relevant departments.
- Deliver the technical aspects of all critical paths to budget/cost and within set timescales.
- Technical Expert – be an expert source of technical information, standards and legal requirements within assigned categories.
- Regularly review and benchmark Own Brand products, with key competitors to ensure comparable quality is maintained.
- Investigate customer complaints with suppliers, analyse trends from customer complaints or compliments and communicate accordingly to improve quality and performance of product.
- Develop build and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Continually keep up to date with standards, legal requirements and technical innovation.
- Undertake store and supplier visits.
Own Brand team, Commercial team, Store operations, Customer relations, Legal, ASW Group Technical
Suppliers, Test houses, Industry Experts, Fragrance houses, Raw material suppliers.
What you’ll need to succeed
- At least 1 year industry experience post Degree ideally in a retail environment
- Cosmetic Science Degree
- Commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills
Here’s what’s in it for you
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative Office near East Croydon Station
- 2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
- On-site beauty treatments and canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 a week | 9.00am - 5.30pm
Location: East Croydon
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply