Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
The primary purpose of this role is to partner the Regional General Manager and site management team to develop the capability of their people and provide generalist HR support.
Engagement & Retention
• Build appropriate relationships across the site to drive a culture of feedback and continuous improvement to aid employee engagement
• Support the site management team in driving relationships with union representatives including attending and supporting the monthly union meetings
• Drive engagement on the site on the internal communication system, ensuring we have a clear strategy on how to drive use of the system
• Work with line managers to manage site HR KPI’s including labour turnover and absence
• Ensure the PDR process is fully embedded across the site, coach managers through the process so they are fully bought in to the process and get the most out of the process
• Organisation capability review in line with the performance development review (PDR) process and ‘performance v potential’ grid
• Identify and develop talent throughout the site via succession planning meetings with the management team
• Have a visible, live and up to date succession plans in place for the management team
• Ensure line managers are effectively briefed on any relevant changes to company policies and procedures
• Confidently advise on all ER issues and be actively involved in managing the processes from start to finish including performance improvement, disciplinary, grievance and absence
• Work closely with the Employee Relations Managers to set direction for the company’s employee relations policy and practice
• Promote equality of opportunity and enhance the diversity of the workforce
Training & Development
• Work in partnership with the site management team to carry out training needs analysis, coordinating and/or running relevant training and development workshops
• Work in conjunction with site management and the L&D team where necessary to proactively manage employee training and development at all levels across the site
• Support the Apprenticeship team in driving and running apprenticeships on site
• Work in partnership with the site management team to ensure the site structure meets business needs and supports business change or growth
• Work in partnership with the site management team to ensure work processes are value adding and drive efficiencies where possible
What you’ll need to succeed
• Depth of HR experience with a strong track record in generalist HR
• Ability to build effective interpersonal relationships
• Credibility to influence and coach a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the business
• The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent.
• CIPD qualified
• Experience of working in a business partner role in a unionised distribution environment
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and
• Health and beauty giveaways
Come and be part of something special.
Unit 1 Prologis Park, Arenson Way, DUNSTABLE LU5 4RZ GBR