Passionate about hair and beauty? Are you able to lead a team to drive sales and performance? As a Superdrug Beauty Studio Manager, you’ll support the Beauty Studio team to deliver a professional and high-quality service to customers. In a fast-moving environment, you’ll know how to have fun too, while keeping the Beauty Studio’s performance on track.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling!
Here's the exciting bit…a great day includes
A Superdrug Beauty Studio Manager’s role is to provide an excellent service to customers within our instore Beauty Studios. The services on offer include, brow and lash treatments, manicures, pedicures, lash extensions, spray tanning and full hair salon and barbering services. Our Beauty Studio offers customers the best treatments and products using professional product ranges.
As well as working as a Senior Stylist, the role includes leading the team and operations in the following areas of the studio:
• Hair Salon
• Barber Shop
• All areas of beauty therapy (Nails, brow & Lash and treatment rooms)
Every day is different in our Beauty Studio so our Beauty Studio Manager must
constantly ensure customers’ needs are identified and met by:
• Manage the studio team to provide an excellent service to customers within
the Beauty Studio environment.
• Team management including performance, rotas and training for the team
(approximately 15 stylists/barbers/beauty therapists).
• Ensuring that customers are welcomed and leave with “That Superdrug Feeling”
and deal professionally with all customer queries and complaints.
• Encouraging the team to upsell to customers in the Superdrug store and create
interest in the rest of the Beauty Studio zone.
• Continuously mentor and manage the team, continue your learning and share
knowledge with your team to maximise sales and deliver exceptional service.
• Carry out treatments in a relaxed, friendly and clean environment.
• Book customer’s appointments with efficient time allocated for each
• Schedule each area of the salon to ensure the right people, with the right
skill, are in the right place, at the right time.
• Take ownership for the ordering and management of salon stock.
• Leading by example to ensure the best consultation and advice takes place
with customers, especially when providing a colour service.
• Operating the cash register to receive payments from customers and ensuring
the correct cash up procedures are followed at the start and the end of the
day, supporting the wider store with this task if needed.
What you’ll need to succeed
To come on board as a Superdrug Beauty Studio Manager, you will have:
• NVQ level 3 minimum and ideally up to NVQ level 4
• Have Outstanding communication skills
• Established back ground in hair dressing. barbering and beauty therapy
• Previous management experience of a similar size team.
• Have experience in leadership or assessing. NVQ level 4 –Leadership or management qualification is ideal.
• Functionally capable, demonstrates the breadth and depth of functional technical knowledge that is required to carry out the role to a high level.
• Has scientific approach to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.
• Builds relationships and relates well to all kinds of people, building appropriate rapport and creating constructive and effective relationships.
• Enjoys working in a busy ever changing retail environment and has the drive to succeed.
• Good commercial understanding
• Able and willing to travel to support the business and own personal development.
Ideally would also have experience of Brow Threading and Nail Application.
Here’s how you are rewarded
· Competitive salary and up to 28 days holiday
· Up to 30% discount for you and a nominated friend or family member
· Complimentary hair and beauty services
· Earn to 20% commission on sales
· Regular training with our brand partner TIGI
· Competitions throughout the year – prizes include, TIGI masterclasses in London, attendance at TIGI professional photoshoots, win a weeks wages during seasonal events, team night outs and many more.
Salary: up to £32,800 per annum
Come and be part of something special!
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply