Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
• Analyse and define customer journeys on the Superdrug desktop and mobile websites
• Deliver online functionality, on time and to specification based on business requirements
• Collaborate with other developers, testers and BA’s to deliver complete development solutions
• Strong understanding and practical experience of eCommerce practices
• Trouble-shooting and fixing website and associated applications issues
• Provide expertise and best practice development approaches - Researching, analysing and suggesting new website functionality
• Wireframes and proto-typing creation for projects and UX enhancements - Assist with upgrades and patches on the website platform
• Have the ability to take on a project and run with it
What you’ll need to succeed
• Ideally educated in a technology-related qualification or have some demonstrable experience in this field
• Min. 5 years f/end experience in eCommerce desktop/mobile development
• Experience using NPM and Webpack
• Exposure to JSP, Web Components and Redux-Sage is advantageous
• Experience developing mobile first website solutions that function across different device types
• Experience in using version control software such as GIT
• Experience writing unit test scripts in a Test Driven Development
• Excellent knowledge of W3C web standards and browser compatibility issues
• Experience in working within the retail environment
• Bright, highly self-motivated and driven
• Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
• Good communication skills are essential for liaising closely with colleagues at the design stage and throughout a project
• Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic nature and an overall passion for excellence
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
• Ability to multi-task and stay organised
• A flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a small team
Here’s what’s in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
We support flexible working
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
We are growing! We have opened 30 new stores in 2019 and will continue to do so in 2020!
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply