Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
A.S. Watson (Health & Beauty UK) Ltd is the UK Group mainly comprising of Superdrug Stores plc, Savers Health & Beauty Ltd and The Perfume Shop Ltd
You will be responsible for providing back office finance support to ensure all overhead, property and commercial vendor payments related to all Superdrug and Savers stores are accounted for and reported correctly. In addition, contributing to the Purchase Ledger daily and month end processes.
You will work with closely with other functions (i.e. Commercial, Supply Chain and Procurement functions) to ensure continual development and maintenance of accounts payable processes relating to the business’s finance requirements.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
To ensure all supplier invoices are accurately coded and processed in accordance with financial deadlines and legislative requirements, by ensuring:
- All invoices are processed, scanned and sent via for approval in a timely manner
- All queries are responded to within SLA to minimise threat of business disruption or legal action.
- All payments are processed in accordance with the defined payments schedule with urgent and out of cycle payments being minimised.
- All vendor accounts are reconciled to statement as and when required.
- Auditing of employee expenses, to ensure that claims adhere to company expense policy and that the appropriate VAT documentation and receipts are submitted with claims. Assisting with any employee expense queries.
- To ensure the accurate reporting and compliance processes are undertaken depending on team, including but not limited to:
- Completion of all month end tasks including ledger close and reporting.
- Maintenance of the approval’s matrix
- To be actively involved in projects relating to the Accounts Payable area as agreed with Team Leader and to continuously improve business processes.
- To ensure that all SLA’s within all business areas are met and adhered to.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested by the Purchase Ledger Team Leader.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 2/3 years of experience in a fast-paced centralised finance function
- AAT or ambition study
- Intermediate excel skills
- Knowledge and experience in accounts payable processes
- Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate cross functionally at most levels
- Ability to understand the “big picture” as well as having an eye for detail
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions to issues
- Self-starter and able to work independently
Here’s what’s in it for you
- 33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
- We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
- 2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
- 30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
- Company pension matching and bonus
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
- We are growing! We have opened new stores in 2019 and will continue to do so in 2020!
Come and be part of something special.
Location: Superdrug Head Office, 51 Sydenham Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2EU
Hours: 37.5 hours | 9am – 5.30pm
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply