Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day include
This role is responsible for managing the Accounts
Payable team, providing back office finance support to ensure all overhead and
property vendor payments related to all Superdrug and Savers stores are
accounted for and reported correctly. In addition, contributing to the accounts
payable daily and month end processes.
This role will be required to work with closely with other functions (i.e. Commercial and Procurement functions) to ensure continual development and maintenance of accounts payable processes relating to the business’s finance requirements.
Key area of responsibility;
- Co-ordinate and manage all operational activities for the Purchase Ledger team:
- To ensure all supplier invoices are accurately coded and processed in accordance with financial deadlines for Superdrug, Savers and Three, to maximise early payment discount, by ensuring:
- All invoices are processed and distributed for approval.
- All queries are responded to quickly and disputes resolved quickly with the business to minimise threat of business disruption or legal action.
- All payments are processed in accordance with the defined payments schedule with urgent and unscheduled payments being minimised.
- All vendor accounts are reconciled to statement as and when required.
- All Vendor related balance sheet accounts are reconciled in accordance with Finance policies and requirements.
- To ensure the accurate reporting and compliance processes are undertaken, including but not limited to:
- Submission of payments reporting to HMRC
- Maintenance of the limits of authority matrix.
- Regular reviews of supplier aging with action plans developed to resolve aged items.
- Audit and management of employee expenses
- To be actively involved in projects relating to Accounts Payable and to continuously improve business processes.
- To manage and develop the Accounts Payable team, supporting their active involvement in the development of all activities and services provided to the business. This includes recruitment, training, development and appraisals.
- To manage the operational relationship with external process or service companies relevant to Accounts Payable, with support from the Finance Operations Snr Manager.
- Define an agreed service level and work within that SLA with other business functions
other ad hoc tasks as requested by the Finance Opertions Snr Manager.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Knowledge and experience in accounts payable processes undertaken by centralised finance functions/ Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses.
- Experience in successfully managing and developing a small team of part and unqualified finance personnel is essential.
- Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous, ideally Oracle.
- Experience in managing an accounts payable team is essential.
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at most levels, demonstrating leadership.
- Ability to understand the “big picture” as well as having an eye for detail.
- Personality traits of credibility, integrity, initiative, determination, and results-orientated.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for
Here’s what’s in it for you
- 33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
- We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
- 2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
- 30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
- Company pension matching and bonus
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
- We are growing! We have opened 30 new stores in 2019 and will continue to do so in 2020!
Superdrug Head Office, 51 Sydenham Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2EU
Hours: 37.5 hours | 9am – 5.30pm
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply