- Development and day to day management of the Order & Collect, Savers eStore Picking Application, Team Planner and other Xamarin applications
- Has responsibility for defining business requirements and specifying, writing, testing, documenting and implementing software to satisfy them.
- Provide user support and advice when required.
- Work with third party support partners, acting as a technical liaison for the users, providing support or challenge to the third party where appropriate
- To write functional and technical specifications.
- To design software with an appropriate balance between efficiency and supportability.
- To write software, following a written specification.
- To design and create databases according to Superdrug standards.
- To ensure coding follows Superdrug standards, is clear and well structured.
- To QA the coding of other team members, and develop Superdrug standards.
- To produce unit test plans and carry out unit testing.
- To produce system test plans and carry out systems testing.
- To walk through system changes with support teams and provide support documentation to standard.
- To write user documentation and train internal customers in the use of new software.
- To implement system changes according to Superdrug change control procedures.
- To support software through a warranty period.
- To manage small projects.
- To communicate professionally with internal customers and external contacts.
- To keep abreast of industry IT developments.
- To keep abreast of Superdrug IT strategy.
- To coach other team members in technical skills.
- To participate in intra-departmental working parties where appropriate.
- To participate in recruitment process.
We passionately believe in Inclusion & Diversity and are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (https://www.techtalentcharter.co.uk/).
Essential technical and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience of front and back end development
- Proven experience in .NET4 , ASP.Net, WebForms, SQL, Ado.Net, VB script, VB.net, VB6, XML, CSS, J Query, VisualStudio
- 2010, SQL Server 2000/2008, Microsoft Windows, SOAP
- SQL server technology
- Experience in using and configuring a content management tool, and working with multiple environments and branches
- Strong commitment and understanding of good change control and code promotion
- Familiarity with standard project life cycle process
- Strong interpersonal skills between peers, users and third parties
- Proactive and enquiring nature, with a willingness to take on a range of responsibilities
Desirable technical skills
- Experience of ASP.NET/MVC4/MVC5 for Mobile Wep Application development would be highly desirable.
- Experience of building and implementing a corporate Intranet or Extranet
- Proven ability to work in a complex and varied technical environment, with a willingness to investigate new ideas and technologies
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply