Passionate about barbering? Love delivering exceptional service? As a Superdrug Barber, you’ll support the Beauty Studio team to deliver great service to customers. In a fast-moving environment, as a Barber you’ll know how to have fun too, while keeping the Beauty Studio’s performance on track.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling!
Here's the exciting bit…a great day includes
Our Beauty Studio offers pampering in-store. Services include brow & lash treatments, manicures, pedicures, lash extensions, spray tanning and full hair salon and barbering
services. Our Beauty Studio offers customers the best treatments and products using
professional product ranges.
Every day is different in our salon and our Barber is responsible providing an excellent service to customers both internally and externally within the salon environment.
• Providing hair cut/trim/styling to customers based on consultation.
• Applying lather and shaving beards, or neck and temple hair contours, using
• Providing beard/moustache trims and grooming, along with face and scalp massages.
• Provide additional services to customers based on their requirements such as nose and ear singes/trimming/grooming.
• Upsell any grooming products to customers.
• Carrying out treatments in a relaxed, friendly and clean environment.
• Booking customer’s appointments with efficient time allocated for each
• Providing consultation and advice to customers when required, especially with providing a colour service.
• Ensuring completion of customer’s record cards after every colour application.
• Operating cash register to receive payments from customers.
• Ensure that Superdrug is a safe place to work by following safe practices,
PPE (personal protective equipment) and COSHH (control of substances hazardous
What you’ll need to succeed
To be a Barber you will need to be NVQ level 2 qualified in Barbering or equivalent. You will also have outstanding communication skills, come with previous experience, gained in a salon environment and be a good team player.
In order to provide our customers with a range of services we are seeking experience of:
• Provide facial hair maintenance, custom shaves applies lather and shaves/trims beard or shapes hair contours on temple and neck, using razor.
• Provides customers with barbering services: Cuts, Shapes, Trims and Taper hair, using clippers, comb and scissors
• Performs other tonsorial services such as, dyeing, shampooing, singeing orstyling hair and massage face, neck or scalp.
Here’s how you are rewarded
· Competitive salary and up to 28 days holiday
· Up to 30% discount for you and a nominated friend or family member
· Complimentary hair services
· Earn up to 20% commission on sales
· Regular training with our brand partner TIGI
· Competitions throughout the year – prizes include, TIGI masterclasses in London, attendance at TIGI professional photoshoots, win a weeks wages during seasonal events, team night outs and many more.
Salary: Up to £22,680
Hours per week: 39
Come and be part of something special!
Su329 Level 03 The New, Bullring, BIRMINGHAM B5 4BA GBR