Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
The closing date for applications for this role is 16th November 2018.
This role has the opportunity to change the provision of private and NHS healthcare on the High Street. Accountable for delivering accessible healthcare to all by developing the strategy to make us the no 1 Private Healthcare Provider on the High Street. Accountable for the sales and profitability of private and commissioned services delivered in Superdrug pharmacies and nurse clinics. Creating a strategy to launch new services that complement the overall Healthcare Strategy of Superdrug, as well as expanding the reach of our current services. Lead, coach and develop the existing services team. Communicate relentlessly and work cross functionally to ensure all services are delivered in a consistent, professional and profitable manner. Accountable for the overall services P&L.
• Accountable for delivering the healthcare private services budget.
• Be the expert in the customer, performance, market size and dynamics. Constantly aware of changes in the healthcare market, trends, and potential threats to sales.
• Commercially astute, able to analyse data, forecast revenue and interpret profitability of services and work with P&Ls.
• Increase performance across private and commissioned services by supporting stores and partnering with the field operations team.
• Developing and expanding our occupational health offer, gaining more customers and creating a profitable service.
• Work with Head of Healthcare Services and Regional Healthcare Managers to identify opportunities to develop new services and grow services currently offered.
• Work with the marketing team to develop a full marketing plan that highlights the services we offer at a national, local level.
• Support stores to build links with local CCGs, Local Authorities, GPs, hospitals, businesses and other key stakeholders to grow the business.
• Know who the customer is and understand their needs, up to date on changing trends and competition
• Lead by example working to deliver ‘That Superdrug Feeling’ and a great customer experience in all aspects of the role
• Ensure the best patient journey on the high street and on line
• Work with the Senior Digital Services Manager to build an online / offline model for customers and patients that drives footfall into store and traffic to the Online Doctor Service
• Analyse our data and sales across sources and research to fully understand performance and opportunities
• Build strong relationships with external partners and customers
• Manage, lead and coach the private services team
• Excellent communicator, able to build cross functional teams even with remote working
• Inspire, motivate and hold accountable both direct reports and other functions
• Identify and share best practice across the nurse and pharmacist teams
• Spend time instore weekly to understand what issues are and listen to colleagues, ensuring they feel heard and ideas are acted on, with feedback given to people sharing information
• Be the ‘go to’ person for services.
• Research, design and launch new private services that work across a number of healthcare professionals including Pharmacists and Nurses and appeal to a variety of customers including NHS, corporates, Students and more
• Work across healthcare streams when necessary e.g. healthcare services or building business to business relationships
• Work with support functions such as IT and Finance to ensure that the right infrastructure is in place.
• Create and support mechanisms for the sharing and implementation of Best Practice.
• Be aware of Standard Operating Procedures and PGDs for all clinical practice and be a consult to ensure these are kept up to date.
• In conjunction with the pharmacy superintendent and clinical governance manager, ensure that all elements of services we provide adhere to the professional guidance from all regulatory bodies.
• Take responsibility for own personal and professional development.
• Support and develop team on a personal and professional level.
• Act as an ambassador of the brand demonstrating the vision, mission and values.
• Keep up to date with the provision of healthcare services across NHS, Public Health and Private Sector markets
• Ensure Information Governance and data protection policies are in place across the nurse and pharmacy team.
What you’ll need to succeed
• GPhC registered Pharmacist or NMC registered Nurse preferred but not essential
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience, including strong performance in previous field or senior management positions
• Previous experience as a line manager
• Knowledge of NHS structure and local commissioning stakeholders
• Strong commercial skills
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Exceptional customer focus
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and
• Health and beauty giveaways
Qualified pharmacist desirable but not essential