Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
To lead a team delivering a variety of performance improving Supply Chain Objectives. The successful candidate will lead a team responsible for:
- Distribution centre inbound stock capacity management
- Supply Chain and Distribution management reporting
- Estore replenishment process and availability
- Reverse logistics and cosmetics recalls
The role will support the Commercial facing supply team deliver target availability whilst keeping stock within budget for a wide range of products. The role will require operational activity, tactical planning, developing a team and collaborative leadership.
The Supply Chain Manager is expected to drive improvements in all aspects of stock management. The Supply Chain Manager plays a supporting role to the Head of Supply Chain, creating seamless links with the Commercial facing teams and the distribution centres.
The Supply Chain Manager will be the owner of delivering a smooth inbound flow of stock into both distribution centres ensuring they can plan their labour and cost driving activities accurately. The Central Supply Chain Manager will be pivotal in the distribution centres delivering within annual budgeted costs.
The successful candidate will lead a team that creates, distributes and drives improvements in reporting, ensuring that the Supply and Distribution teams have the accurate, timely, management information, in order to make the best-informed decisions.
This role requires a person who has building relationships as a key attribute. The Central Supply Chain Manager will not only lead a team but will also need to influence and collaborate across multiple business functions to deliver their KPIs.
This role requires a strong leader that can operate and influence cross functionally. The role requires alignment across Retail Operations, Supply Chain, Distribution, Buying and the wider Commercial team, and our suppliers.
This role requires time spent in store, DC, and with suppliers, understanding, re-configuring and improving our reverse logistics operation. It requires resilience and the ability to understand complexity.
This person will need to be a problem solver, a logical thinker and have the confidence to lead and implement change.
• Deliver a smooth inbound stock capacity profile, ensuring optimal DC gaps, allowing the distribution sites to plan and operate efficiently
• Develop stock management best practise throughout the wider Supply team, to the level of detail that allows the DC to plan at least 6 weeks in advance
• Own the reverse logistics process. Lead cross functional stakeholders ensuring that in the first instance Cosmetic recalls are completed successfully, and in the future all product recalls.
• Publish in a timely, regular fashion, accurate management reporting, allowing the wider supply team to make the best decisions
• Develop user friendly reporting, adapting to the needs of the wider supply and distribution team
• To support colleagues in delivery of supply chain projects, such as:
o Direct to store replenishment
o Reverse Supply chain processes
o Replenishment of promotional / seasonal products
o Further development of supply chain processes to support X-Dock
• To represent department in cross functional projects, ensuring that the requirements of the supply chain function are balanced against the needs of other business areas.
• To work closely with senior members of the distribution team in order to drive efficiencies in the network as a whole
- deliver the set objectives
What you’ll need to succeed
- Evidence of excellent leadership skills
- Experience of Supply Chain operations, including operational responsibility of delivery of KPIs
- Experience of providing supply chain solutions and processes improvements to improve availability and inventory efficiency
- Knowledge of supply chain channels from supplier to customer
- Collaborative approach with strong influencing and communication skills
- Experience in leading projects or owning process
- Experience of managing supplier relationships
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative
- On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and
- Health and beauty giveaways
Come and be part of something special!