Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
You will play a key role in Superdrug and Savers as part of the Procurement Team developing in-depth knowledge of goods-not-for-resale (GNFR) processes and leading the GNFR procurement function.
You will be responsible for implementing the GNFR policy for Superdrug and Savers within the framework of the ASW GNFR and Investment policies. Working with business contract owners, Legal department, finance partners and Group Functions, you will ensure that commercial deals reached with suppliers are reflected in timely contracts and supported by transparent appraisals of current supplier performance and new supplier selection process.
As an experienced negotiator you will lead tenders for the business and advise functional departments in best practice. You will also work with areas of the business to create and implement category plans including supplier mapping and management. Through this you will directly influence the establishment of operational best practices and implementation of corporate strategy.
Establishing the GNFR function
1. Take over existing tenders/procurement projects already in exsistence and to kick off new opportunities identified through the procurement
1. Support the Senior Procurement Manager in establishing best practice, leading by example and training/supporting contract owners across the business.
2. Support the set-up of tender, IC and outcomes trackers and communications
3. Bring your buying experience to enhance the commercial agreements within SD and Savers, delivering cost savings and efficiencies.
4. Follow and support the roll-out of best practice guides and upskilling programmes for GNFR procurement across Superdrug and Savers
On-going support to the business
5. Support different departments across the business in setting up and running tenders and quotation processes and category/supplier management
6. Run selected tenders from initial requirement, market analysis, tender/contract management, implementation, post analysis/lessons learnt while working with subject matter experts from different departments
7. Attend the fortnightly UK Investment Committee (IC) where relevant for tender presentations ensuring that all proposals are accurate and address key risks and opportunities
8. Prepare and co-ordinate the approval process of relevant contracts with Group Procurement Services (GPS) and Group Finance functions in HK
9. Record and share information to ensure an accurate UK contract database and feed into the visibility of upcoming contract expiry dates, break options and potential savings opportunities
10. Work with the Legal department to ensure that final contracts accurately reflect the commercial terms approved by the IC in the UK and HK
11. Support the relationship with GPS and collaborate on international tenders that cover the UK
What you’ll need to succeed
• Negotiation experience
• Project management experience
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Attention to detail
• CIPS qualified or working towards it
• Retail experience
What’s in it for you
· Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
· 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
· Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative Office
· 2 staff discount cards for yourself and a family member or friend
· Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers
· On-site beauty treatments and canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
· Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes