Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Credit Control Clerk
A.S. Watson (Health & Beauty UK) Ltd is the UK Group mainly comprising of Superdrug Stores plc, Savers Health & Beauty Ltd and The Perfume Shop Ltd
You will provide credit control support to Superdrug, Savers and Three ensuring all collection of debt is undertaken in a timely and correct manner.
You will work with closely with other functions Commercial, Buyers, Property, internal audit and IT primarily to ensure continual development and compliance to debt collection procedures relating to the business’s finance requirements.
Here's the exciting bit…a great day includes
· All processes are followed and maintained.
· All debt is chased and collected in a timely manner, dealing with queries promptly and efficiently.
· Any issues are escalated to the Senior Credit Control Clerk and Credit Manager where appropriate.
· All receipts are allocated daily for tenant, property, commercial and pharmacy debts.
· The reconciliation of Pharmacy income to ensure that it has been received and apportioned correctly with any outstanding debt chased.
· Appropriate approvals are obtained prior to engaging with debt collectors or bailiffs.
· All write offs and adjustments are processed in accordance with defined guidelines.
· Ensure service levels and metrics for the Three agreement are adhered to for Property Aged Debt and participate in monthly meetings.
· Ensure all monthly reporting of performance and metrics is completed.
· Other ad hoc tasks as requested.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experienced credit controller in a centralised finance functions/Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses essential.
- Experience with large ERP systems, Oracle, highly advantageous.
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at most levels, demonstrating leadership.
- Ability to understand the “big picture” as well as having an eye for detail.
- Personality traits of credibility, integrity, initiative, determination, and results-orientated.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions to issues
- Self-starter and able to work independently
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative Office
- 2 staff discount cards for yourself and a family member or friend
- Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers
- On-site beauty treatments and canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
All applications must be received by 20th January 2019.