Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of corporate financial reporting for A.S. Watson (Health & Beauty UK) Ltd (“ASW”) group of companies, including Superdrug Stores plc, Savers Health and Beauty Limited and other entities within the ASW group.
Corporate financial reporting includes monthly, quarterly and annual preparation of financial statements for internal reporting purposes (i.e. management accounts) and for external reporting in line with the requirements set by the parent company of ASW or statutory requirements.
Full responsibility for ensuring a smooth running of month-end and quarter-end close processes to complete all reporting deliverables in an accurate and timely manner. This involves taking responsibility for the reporting timetables, effective communication of key work streams required and appropriate resolution/ escalation of issues as required
Manage the preparation of monthly management accounts, quarterly reporting to Group and annual statutory accounts, ensuring appropriate levels of reviews take place and issues are resolved/ escalated as required prior to submission
Ownership of financial year-end processes across finance, working collaboratively with external auditors, being the key point of contact and building and developing a key working relationship
Manage and own the preparation of robust balance sheet and cash flow forecasts and reports, with insight-driven commentaries of key movements on a periodic basis Ensure the integrity of all balance sheets through robust reviews of reconciliations on a periodic basis, supported by appropriate resolution and/or escalation of issues as appropriate
Act as the key point of contact for developments in Group accounting policy and internal control guidelines, ensuring key changes to policies are well communicated and understood by relevant stakeholders in the business
Responsible for establishing accounting treatment of new business initiatives/ changes in processes, with demonstrable ability to advise the business on complex accounting issues
Act as the key point of contact for the internal audit teams of ASW parent company, and CKHH group, for on-going review work streams, advising the business on best practice processes from a control perspective
Ownership of Corporation Tax compliance and returns, liaising with Group tax specialists and external service providers as appropriate. Involvement in quarterly tax committee and annual SAO certificate
Take a lead in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas of financial reporting and control environment
Manage and coach a team of 2
What you’ll need to succeed
- ACA qualified with significant post qualification experience
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at
all levels, demonstrating leadership
- Strong people management skills across a mixed team of experience and capability
- Ability to understand the “big picture” strategically as well as having an eye for detail
- Able to challenge the status quo, and look for creative solutions to issues
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Experience of management and statutory reporting responsibilities under IFRS, with responsibilities of preparing group reporting in a multi-national organisation
- Up-to-date working knowledge of current and forthcoming IFRSs with expert knowledge of those applicable to the Retail sector
- Experience of project work on accounting projects/internal controls projects from an internal/external audit perspective, with working knowledge of COSO highly advantageous
- Experience of system implementation and project work relevant to financial reporting highly advantageous
- Experience of Oracle with deep knowledge of processes highly advantageous