Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced eCommerce Designer to join the eCommerce team.
Reporting to the Senior Designer you’ll be supporting the wider eCommerce and Superdrug teams to deliver monthly promotional content, create pages for brands and seasonal events, and work on other web design projects.
You’ll also evaluate effectiveness of the work completed and identify and implement improvements.
Here's the exciting bit…a great day includes
- Creating microsites including graphic content, navigation and layout following best practice design and coding
- Designing and editing supplier and non-supplier creatives for Superdrug.com following brand guidelines
- Working closely with the trading team to implement and launch promotional events
- Owning and implementing design projects e.g. Summer shop page, Help Centre redesign
- Ensuring all designs work across all browsers on all devices
- Ensuring all designs produced deliver a great customer experience
- Responsible for testing designs across devices and browsers
- Completing web analysis of work to see what can be improved and sharing results with the team
- Work with UX design manager to carry out AB tests
- Maintaining an awareness of competitors and emerging trends, ensuring Superdrug has cutting-edge creative design
- Assisting other members of the eCommerce design team where necessary
- Opportunity to assist in the training and coaching of design apprentices
What you’ll need to succeed
- Advanced HTML and CSS skills. Basic understanding of jQuery and its application in eCommerce
- Knowledge of coding best practice website creation
- Advanced working knowledge using the Adobe Creative Suite (with specific focus on Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Strong understanding of eCommerce user experience, SEO, and accessibility best practices
- Expert knowledge of digital design fundamentals including but not limited to typography, colour, brand guidelines, responsive layout design and imagery creation/optimization
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, and proven ability to prioritise workload to meet critical deadlines
- Project management skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Passion for health and beauty
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative Office
- 2 staff discount cards for yourself and a family member or friend
- Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers
- On-site beauty treatments and canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
All applications but be received by 27th January 2019.