Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
A.S. Watson (Health & Beauty UK) Ltd is the UK Group mainly comprising of Superdrug Stores plc, Savers Health & Beauty Ltd and The Perfume Shop Ltd
This role is responsible for managing the Data Control team (7 FTEs), providing back office finance support to around 1,150 stores, as well as providing project management support for Master Data initiatives where appropriate.
This role is responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of product and supplier data across the business (Superdrug and Savers), to champion the accuracy and integrity of that database and the adherence to strong data-management processes. In addition, ensuring that the property details are updated in the required systems for all Superdrug, Savers and Three stores in a timely and correct manner.
This role has primary responsibility for ensuring the team manages the supplier and product database for Superdrug and Savers on Oracle and Oracle Retail (Retek) and undertakes the following:
• Creation of new lines (SKUs) upon request from buying teams.
• Maintenance of system cost price data based and retail prices.
• Maintain accurate system product hierarchies and product groups including:
• Hierarchy changes
• Product classification/groupings
• Retek user defined attributes and play an active role in mapping new ones
• Active involvement in the creation and adherence to standard product naming conventions across the business
• Set up and maintain merchandise supplier information for trade, expenses and property.
• All promotion, new stores and ranging activities for Savers.
• Drive best practice for data management and integrity through the company.
The key responsibility is to provide an administrative and system function for the Property process to a number of business units. This includes but is not limited to:
• Co-ordinating the property data change note process (Blues), including:
o Create new payee and non-payee suppliers in Horizon and Oracle.
o Verification of landlord and managing agent changes.
o Investigate change of head lease payees. Set up new payee and non-payee suppliers with various AS Watson Finance departments in line with internal control requirements.
o Raise and circulate Horizon change notes (Horizon amendments)
• Providing day to day support to the Property team as and when required.
• Assisting with projects across the end to end process.
• Providing the monthly rent reports and investigating queries raised
Facilitate and drive the optimisation process for all Data Control processes through embedding the process improvement framework within the team. Developing business cases for projects, improvements and resourcing changes for investment committee approval and ensuring delivery of improved efficiency and cost savings to align performance with peers in the industry.
Liaise with external and internal audit during their periodic reviews.
Define an agreed service level and work within that SLA with other business functions within Superdrug and Savers. Ensure service levels and metrics for the Three agreement are adhered to for Property
Ensure all monthly reporting of performance and metrics is completed and discussed with the Head of Finance Operations.
Other ad hoc tasks as requested
What you’ll need to succeed
• Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at most levels, demonstrating leadership.
• Ability to understand the “big picture” as well as having an eye for detail.
• Personality traits of credibility, integrity, initiative, determination, and results-orientated.
• Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions to issues
• Self-starter and able to work independently
• Knowledge and experience in finance processes undertaken by centralised finance functions/ Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses, particularly master data maintenance and controls.
• Experience in successfully managing and developing a small team of part and unqualified finance personnel.
• Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous, particularly Oracle.
• Finance qualification preferred but not essential.
• Knowledge and experience with managing projects and process improvement initiatives.
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Great range of benefits including generous salary, bonus and pension matching
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
• Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply