Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer?
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Infrastructure Support Engineer - Northern Region Distribution Centre
The IT Department is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the A.S. Watson (UK) Information Technology systems and functions, including all phases of system design, build implementation and operations to meet the A.S. Watson (UK) needs.
The Infrastructure Services team provides the technical skills for the operation, support and maintenance of the group IT infrastructure including Distribution Centres and application elements such as messaging, server and desktop management, mobile technologies, networking and voice. Working with the service desk, project teams and external vendors is a key responsibility.
The team provide support to AS Watson UK business units (Superdrug, Savers and The Perfume Shop) involving;
Remote and onsite support for end users
Replacement and repairs of PC’s laptops, iPhones and iPads
Support for all live AS Watson UK servers/services including monitoring, updating and repairing,
This role sits within the Infrastructure Services Team (Infrastructure Engineers) whom provide support, stability, integrity and enhancement of the A.S. Watson (UK) business based in the UK. The job holder will be jointly responsible for supporting the A.S. Watson (UK) infrastructure environment in the Distribution Centres and client services ensuring systems comply with the IT strategy and are monitored, secured, maintained and perform in accordance with agreed SLA's.
Here's the exciting bit…a great day includes
· Manage onsite support stock and procurement.
· Technically manage the operational infrastructure environment. Wintel, VMWare and Cisco
· Provide application support to all sites. Ensure incident escalations are dealt with in a timely fashion, and ITIL processes such as Change Control are being adhered to.
· Document all infrastructure applications and services, ensuring they are well maintained and that each has a valid & up to date roadmap at all times.
· Ensure SLA escalations by the Help Desk are resolved within the agreed timescales making sure that all closure information is correctly recorded. Make the team manager aware of any problems and or incidents that have breached their SLA fix time.
· Be included in the 24x7 call out service as part of the agreed rota.
· Provide and maintain client hardware for the user community.
· Ensure that the asset management system is updated for all PC, server, printer and laptop changes.
· Help drive A.S. Watson (UK) Infrastructure strategy, providing recommendations to Infrastructure delivery and management on service improvements.
· Provide administration, support and management of the A.S. Watson (UK) production environments.
· Provide highly specialised technical expertise to support and maintain multiple environments and demonstrate an awareness of the associated A.S. Watson (UK) IT Services.
· Partner with the various technical teams to develop and implement solutions.
· Work with 3rd party vendors, ensure SLA, OLA and KPI’s are reviewed and met.
· Conduct complex technical analysis to resolve system problems, ensuring procedures and processes are followed and or enhanced for system changes.
· Produce (and as required) present management information to line manager.
· On a rota basis provide technical assistance via an onsite ‘Tech Bar’.
What you’ll need to succeed
· Exceptional engineer, capable of taking ownership for critical infrastructure systems.
· 2+ years’ experience working in a busy multi-site support team.
· Experience of providing support and an understanding of the challenges of the retail sector.
· Ability to manage full project life cycle for small – medium sized projects.
· Pragmatic thinker who can effectively work in or with project teams delivering infrastructure solutions.
· Experience in managing 3rd party suppliers.
· Experience providing technical and user focused documentation.
· Excellent communication, documentation and workflow skills.
· Analytical and logical approach to problem solving.
· Excellent and proven customer service skills with a focus on the customers experience.
· Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies.
· Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
· Confident approach, with the ability to establish credibility quickly within the IT teams.
· Happy to be included in the 24x7 call out service as part of the agreed rota.
· Valid UK driving license.
· ITIL Foundation.
Technical Skills Essential
- MS Windows 10, Server 2008, 2012 & 2016
- MS Office 2016.
- Office 365 Cloud Support
- Active Directory and Microsoft core services, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- Experience working with Zebra and Honeywell products, including Hand Held Terminals, FLT Terminals and label printers
- Experience of working with a voice and label-based picking system ideally Honeywell/Vocollect
- Understanding of distribution, fleet management, warehouse management systems and cage tracking
- Dell server, workstation and laptop
- Virtualisation using VMWare vSphere 6.5
- Mobile Device Management
- LAN and WAN troubleshooting
- IP Voice and Telephone support
· Vendor certification; Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
· Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL and Oracle.
· Experience supporting Microsoft BitLocker
· Top Desk incident management
· Kaspersky or Sophos AV and encryption
· Apple iPhone and iPad devices.
· Understanding of VPN and experience of Junos Pulse, RSA and Juniper
Here’s what’s in it for you
· Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
· 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
· 2 staff discount cards for yourself and a family member or friend
· Childcare vouchers
· Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Location: Superdrug NRDC, Stadium Way, South Elmsall, Pontefact, WF9 2XR
Hours: 39 hours
All applications must be received by 9am on 4th March 2019.
Please note if you are Internal current Superdrug employee you will need to apply in Edge in the Career Centre. Find the role by searching the Job Title in Keywords and be sure to include your personal contact details in your CV.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply