Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
As the Project Support Manager you will effectively manage the execution, delivery and successful opening of all assigned store projects. Continuously developing and refining the way we work to overcome all challenges.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
Multi site management across all projects and fascias
- Daily communication with merchandising manager and store manager in all allocated stores
- Review the phasing plans for each allocated project prior to commencement of onsite works
- Targeted visit cycle based on project status or expected risk
- Continuous assessment of store / merchandising team capabilities to target support where required
- To determine onsite risks and issues and develop an appropriate strategy to resolve or minimise impact
Hold planning meetings when required with key players
- Agree date, venue and key players to attend relevant project meetings
- Prepare all documentation / data in advance to support the meetings
- Communicate follow up actions / meeting schedules
- Feedback project outline to work stream leader
Complete reviews weekly on all projects
- Ensure completion and return of project handover file
- Pre and post photos for each store filed on database
Feedback on teams performance weekly
- Communication to relevant implementation manager on team performance
- Feedback to relevant agency head on agency manager / team members performance
- Escalate store team issues to store manager / area manager as appropriate
To be responsible for the efficient management and onsite control of all assigned merchandising managers and teams
- Initial brief conducted with key onsite management
- Enforcement of CDM briefing held with all team members.
- Ensure Handovers are completed and documented between day and night managers
- Targeted visits are completed to ensure both Day and Night manager contact happens
- Complete adhoc out of hours visits
Plan and manage minor investment project programmes in line with brief provided to time scales and cost structure provided.
- Development and management of timelines to deliver project
- Development of cost plan to present to line manager / department head for approval
- Development of resource allocation in line with project needs to be approved by line manager / department head
- Multi site project planning and implementation
- Co-ordination of key onsite activities
- Onsite visits and planning meetings held with key players
Control and accurately report on site labour costs in line with the agreed budget across projects.
- Continuous assessment and adjustment of onsite resource requirements
- Communication of anomalies to Implementation manager
- Review actual hours used against requested resource requirements with store / area manager
- Complete and return relevant Wage cost control sheet
- Completion of agency time sheets in line with actual hours worked
Manage equipment for projects in line with the phasing plan and agreed timescales.
- Review the equipment order in advance as part of the phasing document
- Checking of actual equipment deliveries against order and delivery invoice and appropriate discrepancies reported
- Local solutions to equipment issues investigated as priority before additional orders are placed
- Ensure surplus equipment is returned / reused accordingly.
Effectively communicate with all internal and external contacts.
- Liaise with contractors onsite to ensure scope of works is delivered, minimising disruption and ensuring merchandising phase is delivered
- Communicate direct with relevant head office functions to resolve issues
- Communicate with external suppliers in line with project requirements ie Icon, Foster Grant etc
Ensure promotion space and store orders are placed in line with the opening schedule.
- Ensure full commercial plan is agreed at the start of the project
- Ensure appropriate orders are placed in line with the commercial plan with consideration to delivery schedules and space
- Ensure a robust promotion plan is in place to deliver to company standard
- Maintain commerciality of store at all times to maximise sales.
Agree daily action plans with merchandising managers in line with project time lines.
- Communication with the onsite management team to determine targeted activity for each day
Forward planning and realignment of workload to achieve project completion.
- Review phasing plan in advance to highlight opportunities / risks and appropriate action taken
- Advance calls to store to determine activities completed and resource requirements are in place
- To realign phasing plan in response to onsite issues or opportunities
Daily follow up on all outstanding issues with relevant parties.
- Calls when required with key players / Head office functions until the issues are resolved
- Escalation process adopted for unresolved outstanding issues.
- Daily update to BU and Key players as required.
- Weekly Regional update via conference call when required.
- Support of Regional programme workload
- Point of contact for Regional team programme issues
- Support, train and develop Regional merchandising teams
What you’ll need to succeed
- Proven property project support experience
- Ideally experience in a retail/commercial industry
- Exceptional planning and organisational Skills
- Team Player and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with Senior Management
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative Office
- 2 staff discount cards for yourself and a family member or friend
- Cycle to Work scheme and childcare vouchers
- On-site beauty treatments and canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Hours: 37.5 hours a week | 9.00am - 5.30pm
Location: Field based role that will include frequent travel and include nights away from home
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply