Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and exceptional Procurement Buyer to join our close-knit team based in our great new offices right by East Croydon station. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate, driven and experienced in commercial buying.
This is a great opportunity to work across a wide range of products, suppliers and categories.
The role will support in understanding the market, tracking key commodity costs and trends, keeping up to date on innovative packaging solutions and helping to build our future supplier sourcing strategy.
A proven background in sourcing/procurement is key to this role, and a strong understanding of commodities/FX would be a strong advantage. You will have experience managing complex projects, with a creative eye and an awareness of current market trends.
Strong commercial acumen, and superb Excel skills are key to this role, as well as the ability to work independently, efficiently and with initiative.
Review and evaluate the effectiveness of current ranges/supply base, taking appropriate action where necessary, and sharing best practice with peers and other stakeholders.
Develop, implement, and deliver sourcing plans including supplier reviews. Work with suppliers to make forward cover decisions, lead tenders and work with our international business units to harmonise ranges where possible.
Deliver cost savings and performance improvements through optimisation, negotiation, and forward planning.
Use your strong business acumen and an ability to link market trends and business goals to make sound procurement decisions.
Work with Own Brand team to develop and deliver Own Brand products/ranges that deliver increased profitability and meet agreed strategy and plans.
Identify and implement new product opportunities that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability.
Working in conjunction with Supply Chain team, ensure suppliers stock levels are kept to a manageable level.
Develop build and maintain effective external relationships to enhance the Superdrug proposition and meet customer needs.
Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a buyer in a retail or supplier environment (Healthcare experience beneficial)
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of procurement and sourcing best practice
• Excellent negotiation, facilitation and conflict management skills
• Decisive and able to work in a super-fast paced environment
• Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills
• Practice excellent time management skills and ability to cope under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence and build consensus across a wide range of stakeholders
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
• Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply