Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
As our Packaging Artworker and Coordinator this fast-paced role will lead on all thing’s artwork. Overseeing three Grade 9 Packaging Artworker & Coordinators, they will ensure allocation of resource to projects and review overall timelines and workload. Assisting the Design Manager and liaising with the Packaging Technologist and Packaging Designers, they will be integral in keeping critical paths on track. Responsible for artwork for 1 buying office they will produce packaging artwork from receipt of brand guidelines to artwork release.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
- Ensure artwork requirements are resourced appropriately, leading artworker/coordinator only team meetings
- Communicate to the wider Design & Artwork team if artwork changes impact other’s roles.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure artwork elements and approvals are completed to agreed timescale and critical paths are met.
- Maintain and review project trackers for artwork.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with the Design Manager, Designer/ Design Agencies, Packaging Technologists,
- Buying Units, Product Technologist and Suppliers, and be the main point of contact for artwork.
- Input into weekly meetings and manage their own/ others work and time to deliver to a high standard.
- Act as quality control on all artwork – peering reviewing artwork before release to suppliers.
- Be the first point of contact to support Grade 9 Artworker/ Coordinators and troubleshoot when required. Attend NPD meetings with the Grade Artworker/ Coordinators where necessary.
- Be the brand guardian for back of pack copy and layout.
- Produce accurate artwork using approved design files/guidelines, cutters, copy and barcodes; adhering to Superdrug guidelines and layouts.
- Input into technical elements of artwork production internally and externally to maximize efficiency – liaise with printers as required on proofs and print restrictions.
- Use online approval systems to upload, monitor and ensure approval of artwork. Accurately amend artwork until completion/ approval, and release to supplier/ printer.
- Maintain filing systems and print/ proof/ product samples.
- Produce mock-ups of artworks on products as required.
- Invoice processing.
- Manage the communication of design to HK with the Junior Designer.
- Input in to process improvements.
- Ad hoc projects as requested by the Design Manager.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in packaging artwork production in retail/FMCG field.
- Ideally experience in the Health and Beauty sector.
- Must have previous project management experience and proven ability to meet time critical deadlines.
- You will be a MAC user and must have experience in relevant software; Adobe Illustrator, In-Design, Abobe-Pro, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop.
- You will be a clear communicator who can liaise with multiple people to get the right result.
- You will have accuracy and a eye for detail.
- You will be a team player who is proactive and results driven.
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative Office near East Croydon Station
- 2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
- Cycle to Work scheme and childcare vouchers
- On-site beauty treatments and canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 a week | 9.00am - 5.30pm
Location: East Croydon
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply