Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Reports to: Design Services Manager
Working on a diverse range of products across FMCG Health & Beauty the successful applicant will be responsible for managing all structural pack formats, print & colour management and CSR for Own Brand packaging. With knowledge of price implications of pack changes they will also look to improve cost prices.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
- Be the key point of contact and lead on innovation and knowledge in regards to new innovations and the changing landscape of packaging and recycling. Attend packaging shows, CSR talks and undertake comp shops as necessary.
- Own the CSR objective for 90% of Own Brand packaging being recyclable by 2021. Identify current ranges that are key to reaching this objective and work with the Senior Buyer/ Buyer and Supply base to make changes with minimal/no cost implications.
- Review all new pack formats for recyclability and over-packaging – work with Suppliers/Buyers to improve.
- Review and approve all pack formats for structural integrity, brand alignment and on-shelf presence. Feedback and work with suppliers on any required amends.
- Print & Colour management:
- Work with the Designer(s)/ Design Agencies and make recommendations on how best to achieve proposed designs on all pack format across a brand/ range.
- Arrange and lead pre-artwork meeting with Suppliers/ Printers to onboard them with new designs/ design developments.
- Deal with any queries and work with Designer(s) and Artworkers to achieve the right result.
- Work with the supplier/ printers to decide how best to colour manage each project. Set lead printers, arrange colour standards and review preferred printer options. Attend print runs on key projects.
- Review and approve Silver/ Gold Seals for colour/ print compliance.
- Check all artwork for correct layout of artwork on cutter, print specification and recycling information.
- Check all electronic proofs sent from printers for review.
- Use packaging/ print knowledge to suggest ways to save on cost of goods.
- Input in to process improvements.
- Ad hoc projects as requested by the Design Manager.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Packaging Technologist in retail/FMCG field.
- Ideally experience in the Health and Beauty industry.
- Ability to work to time critical deadlines.
- You will be a MAC user with experience in relevant software; Adobe Illustrator, In-Design, Abobe-Pro, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop.
- Clear communicator who can liaise with multiple people to get the right result.
- Proven ability of successful packaging projects in CSR, structural and print, from brief to store.
- Working knowledge multiple pack formats; tubes, bottles, boxes, cans, jars etc.
- Understanding of commercial requirements in the role.
- Must have amazing accuracy and a eye for detail.
- Team player who is proactive and results driven.
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative Office near East Croydon Station
- 2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
- On-site beauty treatments and canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 a week | 9.00am - 5.30pm
Location: East Croydon
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply