Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
To maximise profitability and minimise expenditure through efficient and effective management of A S Watson’s store estate. To include Savers, Superdrug, 3, The Perfume Shop and other Group companies or any future acquisitions.
This role will manage a portfolio of in excess of 1600 stores across the UK and Southern Ireland
a) Rent Reviews -Set Budget Rental Values for all stores. Average 50 store rent reviews per year. 15 sub-tenant rent reviews per year
Implement strategic decisions on Lease renewals. Approve Monthly and Quarterly Rent Runs.
b) Rates - Manage retained Rating Consultants in relation to geographical region
c) Service Charges. Authorisation of Service Charge expenditure in liaison with Ast Regional Estates Manager and outsource service charge specialist company.
d) Sub-Tenant Management
Management of commercial sub-tenants and associated rent reviews / lease renewals
e) Profit Generation. Undertake & support property portfolio profit generating schemes valuing circa £300k p.a.
f) Maintenance. Liaison with outsource facilities company SGP on repairs/dilapidation issues. Negotiation of Dilapidation's Claims
g) Store Liaison. Provide Property advice to Store Operations
• Oversee achievement of Estate Management objectives.
• Enhance Estate Managers Team profile to Store Op’s including presentations to respective Boards.
h) Disposals. Disposal advice & budget setting
• Sale of premises resulting from:
o Strategic Portfolio Management
o Rationalisation of Investment Portfolio
o Management of External Agents & Solicitors
i) Estate Records
• Produce Estate Management Performance figures for monthly Board Report.
• Create Annual Budget forecasts to respective Boards
• Maintain up to date records in respect of Portfolio via current Property Databases eg Horizon
• General reporting on property costs.
What you’ll need to succeed
Member - Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
• 5 years post qualification experience
• Extensive knowledge of Landlord & Tenant Legislation
• Highly self motivated, yet able to operate within a team culture
• Strong Presentation Skills
• Prior experience of successful management of a multi-site, geographically dispersed retail property
environment, of appropriate scope and scale.
• Ability to travel nationally
• Extensively connected into property networks. Knowledge of retail market trends.
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative
- On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and
- Health and beauty giveaways
Superdrug Head Office, 51 Sydenham Road, CROYDON CR0 2EU GBR