Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
This role will be required to work with closely with other functions (i.e. Commercial, Sales Operations, Supply Chain, Property and Procurement functions) to ensure continual development and maintenance of accounts payable and master data processes relating to the business’s finance requirements.
The Purchase Ledger & Data Control Manager will have overall level responsibility for key contracts held by the team in terms of ensuring day to day requirements and billing are in line with the agreement and raising any performance issues or incorrect billing directly. They will have overall responsibility for key contracts in relation to renewal and tender opportunities. They will be supported by the Purchase Ledger Manager and Data Control Manager when undertaking regular meetings with service providers.
Ensure all controls are in place to minimise risk, for both the purchase
ledger and data control processes by:
• Overseeing and submitting all internal control reporting requirements in line with AS Watson guidelines.
• Ensuring an appropriate account reconciliation process is maintained throughout the year to provide assurance over key control accounts and other accounts as required.
Oversee defined reporting requirements for both the Property Admin team and the Purchase Ledger team, as part of:
• Month end reporting
• Quarterly and annual reporting (both internal and external)
Develop, analyse and report monthly key metrics and service delivery targets for the data control and
purchase ledger areas, with focus on quality and consistent improvements. Continually benchmark against best industry practice to ensure performance is continually improved and maintained.
Support the Data Control Manager to ensure the team processes all master data requests/requirements for Horizon, Oracle and Retek systems promptly and meet AS Watson data control requirements.
Regularly review with the Data Control Manager SLAs and metrics for Superdrug, Savers and Three to ensure service delivery is met and address any unfavourable performance with other functions or the team. Support the Data Control Manager to escalate issues with the appropriate internal and external
teams where required.
Support the Purchase Ledger Manager to ensure their active involvement in the development of all
activities and services provided to the business related to accounts payable, travel and expense.
Confirm the business strategic approach to employee travel and expense management with executive management. Develop a roadmap covering all requirements to support the agreed direction including the
ownership of the expenses policy, resourcing and system development.
Regularly review with the Purchase Ledger Manager SLAs and metrics for Superdrug and Savers to ensure service delivery is met and address any unfavourable performance with other functions or the team. Support the Purchase Ledger Manager to escalate issues with the appropriate internal and external
teams where required.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at most levels, demonstrating leadership.
• Ability to understand the “big picture” as well as having an eye for detail.
• Personality traits of credibility, integrity, initiative, determination, and results-orientated.
• Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions to issues
• Self-starter and able to work independently
• Knowledge and experience in centralised data control and purchase ledger processes undertaken by centralised finance functions/ Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses.
• Experience in successfully managing and developing a large team of part and unqualified finance personnel.
• Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous
• Degree qualified/part qualified or equivalent level
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative
- On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and
- Health and beauty giveaways
Come and be part of something special.