Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
Successfully manage and deliver the fit out of various store development
projects to a specific budget, programme and quality standards.
1. Manage development projects such as new stores, major and minor refurbishments, roll-outs of services, equipment and other initiatives deemed part of the Store Development Team’s responsibilities. To include Savers, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop and Three.
2. Perform site feasibility surveys to include an assessment of condition and measurement. Prepare reports showing findings for circulation within appropriate business unit.
3. Organise Contractors to perform activities in accordance with required standards including completion of new store tender and refurbishment scoping meetings.
4. Undertake planning management activities to ensure that necessary statutory approvals and compliances are met for projects including but not limited to CDM Regulations, Planning/Advertisement Consents, Landlords approvals and Centre Design approvals.
5. Prepare and issue tender documentation for new stores in accordance with Group policy, complete tender analysis and make recommendations for contract award.
6. Specify and cost refurbishment works in accordance with Group policy, complete project cost
documentation and arrange for purchase orders to be raised prior to commencement of site works.
7. Manage on site activities ensuring that Projects are being executed to the required standards by Contractors. Lead site meetings to review progress at key stages and produce minutes of agreed actions.
8. Track costs through project life-cycle ensuring delivery within agreed budgets.
9. Liaise with internal and external contacts in a professional manner to ensure the smooth delivery of projects.
What you’ll need to succeed
Will ideally hold a professional qualification in Construction and/or Project Management.
Knowledge and experience of all main Project Management concepts, tools and techniques.
A minimum 3 years experience of managing fit-out projects in a fast moving retail environment.
Knowledge and experience of construction procurement methods, tendering and value engineering.
Track record of financial accountability for projects managed including the detailed management and reporting of individual projects and roll-outs.
Ability to manage and influence internal and external teams to optimise
Demonstrable working knowledge of all relevant Health & Safety
legislation with recent qualification e.g. IOSH Managing Safely in Construction
or NEBOSH National Construction Certificate.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to tailor information
and behaviour as appropriate to the audience.
Ability to work independently in a fast moving environment with a flexible
attitude to work.
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative
- On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and
- Health and beauty giveaways
Stadium Way, South Elmsall, PONTEFRACT WF9 2XR GBR