Are you an aspiring, tech savvy developer who is excited about applying emerging technologies to real world problems? Do you want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
The Innovation Development team is a small, exciting and fast paced team that are recognised throughout our business as delivering exceptional solutions which are transforming our business. Just within the last 12 months the team have:
- created "Pick from Store" capabilities
- developed our API gateway standards
- built and rolled out the software running Hand Held terminals across all our store
- found real would applications for Image Recognition, Chat Bots and Azure IoT capabilities
...and have been recognised by colleagues from across the business as a truly transformational capability that we're now expanding!
As an up and coming developer within this exciting team there will be no "normal day" but you'll have opportunities to do some of the following:
- Development and day-to-day support of the “Stores intranet” (C#/Bootstrap/SQL), “Stock Management” (Xamarin / .Net Core) and “Order & Collect” (Xamarin / .Net Core) applications.
- Have responsibility for defining business requirements and specifying, writing, testing, documenting and implementing software to satisfy them.
- Provide user support and advice when required.
- Work with third party support partners, acting as a technical liaison for the users, providing support or challenge to the third party where appropriate.
- Contribute to the selection of our future technology and development stack and the use of cloud services.
- Identify and develop Proof of Concepts for innovative ideas.
- Work within an agile development environment and influence the way the team operates in the future.
What you’ll need to succeed
Essential technical and interpersonal skills
- Working experience or degree educated in Visual Studio, C# 4.0 - onwards, MVC 5 and IIS.
- 2+ years’ experience using Microsoft Development Stack.
- SQL Server 2008/2014, Microsoft Windows 7 – 10.
- Understanding of source control, GIT would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with standard project life cycle process
- Strong interpersonal skills between peers, users and third parties
Desirable technical skills
- 2+ years’ experience of front and back end development.
- App development, Xamarin. MS App Centre.
- VSTS. MS App Centre
- Proven ability to work in a complex and varied technical environment, with a willingness to investigate new ideas and technologies
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Working in a progressive and agile organisation, where your skills will be championed, unleashed and developed
- Great benefits including staff discount
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday (raising to 30 days with service)
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
- On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
- Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply