Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
· Manage a team of Payroll and HR Shared Services specialists, assuming responsibility for ensuring processes are smooth and seamless, SLAs are met, and the Payroll / People functions collaborate effectively
· Key stakeholders: Wider Customer & People team, IT team and Third Party Software providers (currently Oracle, Cornerstone, Time & Attendance, and splash BI)
· Managing full project lifecycles, ensuring key milestones are identified and communicated. Taking the time to agree measures of success up front and completing an evaluation after the project has ended
· Driving automation and efficiency within the shared services centre
· Continually scan for improvements and enhancements we can make as well as developments within the industry – making recommendations where appropriate
· Is able to understand the root causes of issues and able to influence getting agreement on permanent solutions
· Working with good governance and structure to ensure everyone who needs to be involved and consulted is aware of changes and understands the impact on the employees. Can keep a risk register and understands when to escalate appropriately.
This job is a good fit for you if:
· You enjoy problem solving and can keep things simple
· You have excellent communication and time management skills
· You are passionate about technology and how it can help our teams
· You are able to influence other senior people with conflicting needs
· You enjoy using data to drive decisions
· You can understand the complexities of a business with different T&Cs at different levels with different legal jurisdictions
· You know you add value through your ability to see from different viewpoints and can build strong relationships
· You can use a blend of data, Organisational context and storytelling to influence decision making
· You understand that effective change management is key to landing any project well and can anticipate potential risk, putting plans in place to mitigate impact
· You are good at multitasking and can deliver on projects, keeping to agreed deadlines
· You see projects through your customer lens, and have the confidence to challenge when something doesn’t feel right
· You have developed the ability to break it down to the vital basics, which ensures easy and effective understanding of changes or initiatives at all levels
· You can see the bigger picture and can easily adapt to changing priorities and situations
· You have a flexible approach to Business Partnering and can pitch in to support wider team activities
What you’ll need:
· A passion for the world of retail health and beauty, experience in retail is a must as is a successful history of implementing a HR change project in a business.
· Leadership experience
· Knowledge of core HR practices, onboarding, contracts, GDPR requirements is key
· A good understanding of how IT systems can work and talk to one another (If you have knowledge of Oracle and Cornerstone this is an advantage but not a requirement)
· A keen interest in staying up to date with what’s going on in the market and how that may impact us
· An interest in learning new systems to drive efficiency
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
For information on how we manage and store your data please go to https://www.superdrug.jobs/privacy-policy/
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply