Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
As a Senior Buyer you will lead a team of 2 buyers and 2 BA to
deliver the commercial business strategy for Personal Care (Dental, Deodorants
and mists, Personal Wash, Trial and travel & Indulgent Bathing). This role
will play a key part in identifying and sourcing new products and delivering
competitive promotional plans. This role reports into the Head of Personal Care
and Convenience at Superdrug Stores Plc.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Interacting with a variety of Stakeholders: Commercial, Suppliers, Marketing, Merchandising, Supply Chain and AS Watson occasionally
- Develop, implement, and deliver category plans including range reviews, promotions pricing and stock that are consistent with overall commercial strategy and financial objectives.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing promotion plans and strategies for the brands you look after.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, taking appropriate action where necessary, and sharing best practice with peers and other stakeholders.
- Work with suppliers to launch & develop NPD into the categories, part of that will be negotiating periods of exclusivity as well as exclusive/ bespoke campaigns on big brands
- Day to day management of various categories, able to read and understand market data to make correct customer led decisions. Must have experienced of negotiating fixed investment.
- Able to write, present and deliver strategic objectives above and beyond the day to day promotions, pricing and star buys
- Working in partnership with the Merchandising team, agree merchandising strategy that drives and delivers right range in the right store; ensuring availability in store; and control of slow moving stock.
- Working in conjunction with Supply Chain team, ensure base sales and promotional forecasts are adhered to, whilst maintaining in-store availability to meet the customers needs.
- Develop build and maintain effective external relationships with suppliers to enhance the Superdrug proposition and meet customer needs.
- Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business.
- Manage and coach team members to achieve both Category and personal development objectives.
- Take responsibility for own personal and professional development.
This job is a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy a fast paced, ever changing environment where you can own the strategic decision making for your categories
- You are great at building trusting relationships with your stakeholders & leading a team.
- You have an analytical mindset for translating data.
- You are good at prioritizing, delegating tasks and managing deadlines.
- You are excited by innovation and have a passion for product development.
What you’ll need:
- You will understand the core principles of the personal care market.
- You will have strong negotiator skills to be able to secure the best outcomes for Superdrug
- You need to be confident in making commercial decisions that impact our stores
- Strong leadership capabilities to deliver results through people
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service
(inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
For information on how we manage and store your data please go to https://www.superdrug.jobs/privacy-policy/
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply