Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Working on a diverse range of products across FMCG
Health & Beauty you will be responsible for the
development of packaging designs for new brands/ranges and line extensions. Taking
briefs and translating them into printable designs that engage the customer and market and are commercially sound.
Leading on design and working closely with the Lead Artworker and Packaging Technologist, with line management responsibilities, you will play an integral role in the Design & Artwork team’s success.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
- Take packaging design briefs from the Senior Buyers/ Buyers and Design Manager. Challenge and investigate design briefs and solve design problems.
- Be up to date on packaging design trends in the relevant Health & Beauty market; attend trend shows, trend talks and undertake comp shops as necessary.
- Ability to create and develop packaging designs that delight internal and external customers.
- Present packaging designs to internal customers and amend designs based on feedback. Produce mock-ups of designs as required.
- Ensure pack designs are printable and appropriately specified - liaise with Packaging Technologist and suppliers for pre-artwork meetings and colour management. Produce wetproof artworks.
- Manage the briefing of external design agencies, illustrators/ photographers and source images.
- Build Packaging Design Guidelines for use by the internal artworkers. Liaise with the marketing team to share designs.
- Working closely with the artworkers on application of the design and check artwork.
- Manage own design workload to achieve team deadlines and critical paths. Own weekly design meeting and manage attendees, and communication of outcomes to wider Design & Artwork team
- Line manage the Junior Packaging Designer, assist with their training, and help guide their work. Have regular catch ups, set targets and perform bi-annual performance reviews.
- Creative artwork – take designs through to artwork as necessary.
- Input into process improvements.
- Ad hoc projects as requested by the Design Manager.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum 3 year’s experience as a mid-weight Packaging Designer in retail/FMCG field. preferably in the Health & Beauty sector.
- Proven portfolio of successful Pack Designs, from brief to store.
- Solid understanding of relevant software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Ideally previous line management experience.
- Ability to work to time critical deadlines.
- High degree of creative and understanding of design principles.
- Excellent brief taking skills
- Clear communicator who can liaise with multiple people to get the right result.
- Understanding of technical limitation of print and relevant pack formats; tubes, bottles, labels, carton etc.
- Self-starter and team player who is proactive and results driven.
- Understanding of commercial requirements in the role.
Here’s what’s in it for you
- 33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
- 30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Product both in store and online
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
- HQ on-site beauty treatments, canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
- Company pension matching and bonus
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Hours: 37.5 a week | 9.00am - 5.30pm
Location: East Croydon
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply