Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
We are looking for a mid-level developer to join our expanding development team. The team is working in an AGILE manner using Kanban methodology,
Responsibilities will include developing microservices, web, API and server application for internal systems. Requirements analysis, systems documentation and testing and working with the business to provide innovative solutions.
Each developer has a full MSDN subscription, Udemy training account and access to all the latest tools. The role is primarily development while supporting existing applications.
· Development and day-to-day support of applications including “Microservice Platform” (.Net/Docker/Azure), “Stock Management” (Xamarin / .Net Core) and “Deliveries App” (Xamarin / .Net Core) applications.
· Has responsibility for defining business requirements and specifying, writing, testing, documenting and implementing software to satisfy them.
· Provide user support and advice when required.
· Work with third party support partners, acting as a technical liaison for the users, providing support or challenge to the third party where appropriate
Essential technical and interpersonal skills:
· 3 years’ experience using Microsoft Development Stack including MVC and .Net Core.
· SQL Server 2019, Windows Server 2019, Microsoft Windows 10.
· Understanding of source control, Azure DevOps/GIT would be advantageous.
· Familiarity with standard project life cycle process
· Strong interpersonal skills between peers, users and third parties
· Proactive and enquiring nature, with a willingness to take on a range of responsibilities
Desirable technical skills
· 3 years’ experience of front and back-end development.
· App development, Xamarin/Maui, MS App Centre.
· Proven ability to work in a complex and varied technical environment, with a willingness to investigate new ideas and technologies
· To design software with an appropriate balance between efficiency and supportability.
· To design and create databases according to Superdrug standards.
· To ensure coding follows Superdrug standards, is clear and well structured.
· To QA the coding of other team members and develop Superdrug standards.
· To produce unit test plans and carry out unit testing.
· To walk through system changes with support teams and provide support documentation.
· To write user documentation and train internal customers in the use of new software.
· To implement system changes according to Superdrug change control procedures.
· To manage small projects.
· To communicate professionally with internal customers and external contacts.
· To keep up to speed with industry IT developments.
· To keep up to speed with the Superdrug IT strategy.
· To coach other team members in technical skills.
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
For information on how we manage and store your data please go to https://www.superdrug.jobs/privacy-policy/
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply