Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
About the role...
We have a brilliant opportunity to join our Property & Investments Finance team as a Property & Investments Finance Analyst.
The Property & Investments Finance team forms part of a larger Commercial Finance team consisting of Commercial & Marketing, Financial Planning, Healthcare Finance, Procurement and Retail Finance.
The team is made up of 6 Finance Analysts and Management Accountants providing financial analysis and support to the Property Director and the Property Leadership team.
The team own the Property running costs from a Finance perspective and act as valued business partners, ensuring that the analysis provided supports decision making.
The team produce Store Investment proposals including New Stores, Lease Renewals and Store Refits, working closely with the Property Function in securing approval for these proposals from the UK Investment Committee and subsequent approval from our Group Finance function based in Hong Kong.
This is a key role that has responsibility for the production of Store Investment proposals and analysis relating to Lease Renewals for our existing Superdrug estate of c.800 stores.
You will also be involved with modelling bespoke business cases on New Stores, Major Refits and Tactical Closures.
You will act as the Finance Buddy for some of the senior members of the Property Function, helping them with queries, forecasting and budgeting and providing them with information that enables them to deliver their company targets and business profitability.
· Support the Property Function with analysis of Store Lease Renewals and other Property deals for Superdrug, including presenting business cases at the fortnightly Investment Committee in order to secure UK board approval and subsequent Hong Kong group finance approval.
· Answer and co-ordinate responses to Group Finance on relevant property submissions
· Develop an understanding of all other investment proposals controlled by the Property function in order to support on adhoc analysis / help provide support to the wider Property Finance team where appropriate.
· Develop a thorough understanding of all costs controlled by the Property Function including, but not limited to, Rent, Rates, Service Charges, Project Management costs and Legal Fees.
· As part of month end processes, you will own the posting of certain Property Costs ensuring that there are robust controls in place, all costs are accurately accounted for and senior management are provided with a high degree of insight.
· Substitute for the Senior Property Finance Analyst in his/her absence
· Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA
· Experience of working within a Retail environment preferable
· Strong communication and time management skills
· Ability to develop strong working relationships across the business including working with non-finance customers and third party providers
· Self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic
· Advanced knowledge of Excel essential
· Working knowledge of Oracle desirable
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service
(inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
For information on how we manage and store your data please go to https://www.superdrug.jobs/privacy-policy/
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply