Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
The role is responsible for actively leading and coaching a team of 5 administrators at Superdrug in a fast-paced growing environment to ensure the team are meeting daily and weekly KPIs and SLAs, motivating the team with a can-do attitude to ensure we deliver the best results for our stakeholders, whilst supporting the Accounts Payable Manager where needed.
• Ensuring the team are working within the agreed SLA and all transactions are processed in a timely manner
• Proactively responding to and resolving stakeholder and supplier queries and escalating where necessary
• Processing and prioritising payments and nettings in line with payment schedule and business need
• Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Reconciling all bank accounts and outstanding entries are cleared on a timely basis
• Adherence and regular review of finance policies, processes, and procedures
• Ensuring accurate reporting and compliance processes are followed, including completion of all month end tasks
• Supporting the continual development and training of team members
• Regular review of supplier aging and development of action plans to resolve aged items
• Reviewing and signing off statement reconciliations
• Resolving price and quantity discrepancies, and communicating with buyers and suppliers
• Experience of audit and a strong control environment
This job is a good fit for you if:
• You enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever changing, shared services environment
• You are good at motivating a team to deliver against KPIs
• You are process driven and forward thinking
• You like to add value through team collaboration
• You get satisfaction though finding creative solutions to issues
• You are excited to find ways to improve process and making things easier for the team
• You are comfortable challenging the status quo and sharing ideas with the team
What you’ll need:
• Solid and extensive Accounts Payable experience
• Knowledge of Oracle R12 is essential
• A quick learner who can work to a deadline
• A keen eye for detail and a passion for finance
• Experience of working in a shared service environment would be ideal
• Intermediate Excel Skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Retail experience is preferable
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
For information on how we manage and store your data please go to https://www.superdrug.jobs/privacy-policy/
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply