Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
Your role as the Superdrug Buyer is based on building excellent relationships and working at pace. The role is a challenging and dynamic one, and you will be accountable for executing the commercial strategy and delivering to targets.
At the heart of the role is the delivery of the sales and profit strategy. You will use price, promotion and range to trade the existing product offering, deliver new products and promotions to increase market share, maintain margin & supplier funding and to maximise on profits
As the Core Health Buyer your focus will be on developing and delivery of the category strategy and annual plans through analysis of market trends, customer and competitor insight, and financial performance
The Superdrug Core Health team is our fastest growing category in the business and we’ve an ambition to grow to the 4th largest healthcare retail in the UK by 2022! So come and help us reach our goal!
As a retailer we are at the forefront of the Health and Beauty Retailing World
1. Develop implement and deliver category plans including range reviews, promotions pricing and stock that are consistent with overall commercial strategy and financial objectives.
2. Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing promotion plans and strategies that are relevant to category; adhere to legislation and brand guidelines’; and clearly and effectively communicate with the customer, driving footfall and profitable sales.
3. Review and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, taking appropriate action where necessary, and sharing best practice with peers and other stakeholders..
4. Working in partnership with the Merchandising team, agree merchandising strategy that drives and delivers right range in the right store; ensuring availability in store; and control of slow moving stock.
5. Identify and implement new product opportunities that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability.
6. Manage and review pricing, ensuring pricing that is competitive and maximises profitability. Operate within Company pricing strategy.
7. Working in conjunction with Supply Chain team, ensure base sales and promotional forecasts are adhered to, whilst maintaining in-store availability to meet the customers needs.
8. Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business.
9. Category expert – utilise and continually develop knowledge in category products, competitors and market activity to deliver increased category performance objectives.
What you’ll need to succeed
• You should have Buying experience, preferably in a healthcare role for a retailer, but retail experience in a similar role will be fine
• Strong commercial experience with proven track record of delivery of budgets and ability to manage multiple KPI’s at once
• Customer Focused
• Strong analytical skills. Numerical.
• Ability to influence at all levels
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Project Management - planning and organisation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, including presentations
• Problem Solver
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
• Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply