Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
Through understanding customer needs, identify and source new products and review existing to ensure commercially viable range of products that provide our customer with quality and value, whilst maintaining competitiveness and driving sales and profitability and overall commercial strategy.
1. Develop implement and deliver category plans including range reviews, promotions pricing and stock that are consistent with overall commercial strategy and financial objectives.
2. Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing promotion plans and strategies that are relevant to category; adhere to legislation and brand guidelines’; and clearly and effectively communicate with the customer, driving footfall and profitable sales.
3. Review and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, taking appropriate action where necessary, and sharing best practice with peers and other stakeholders.
4. Work with Own Brand team to develop and deliver Own Brand products/ranges that deliver increased participation and meet agreed strategy and plans.
5. Working in partnership with the Merchandising team, agree merchandising strategy that drives and delivers right range in the right store; ensuring availability in store; and control of slow moving stock.
6. Identify and implement new product opportunities that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability.
7. Manage and review pricing, ensuring pricing that is competitive and maximises profitability. Operate within Company pricing strategy.
8. Working in conjunction with Supply Chain team, ensure base sales and promotional forecasts are adhered to, whilst maintaining in-store availability to meet the customers needs.
9. Develop effective internal working relationships with cross functional team members to support and enhance category objectives and performance
10. Develop build and maintain effective external relationships to enhance the Superdrug proposition and meet customer needs.
11. Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business.
12. Category expert – utilise and continually develop knowledge in category products, competitors and market activity to deliver increased category performance objectives.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Commercially sound with excellent ability to understand and interpret market
• Customer Focused
• Strong analytical skills. Numerical.
• Ability to influence at all levels
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Project Management - planning and organisation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, including presentations
• Problem Solver
• Confident and Energetic
• Adaptable and flexible in approach
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadline
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
• Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply