Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
We have a brilliant opportunity to join our Property & Investments Finance team as a Property and Investments Finance Analyst.
The Property and Investments Finance team is made up of 6 Finance Analysts and Management Accountants and forms part of a larger Commercial Finance team consisting of Commercial & Marketing, Healthcare Finance, Retail Finance and Procurement.
This is a key role within the Property and
Investments Finance team that has the responsibility for the financial
management of the Property Costs of Superdrug, c.800 Stores and working with
the Senior Property and Investments Finance Analyst in improving the processes
in these areas. You will also be involved with the management of the Rent costs
for our sister company Savers, c.500 stores.
You will act as the Finance Buddy for members of the Property Function, helping them with queries, forecasting and budgeting and providing them with information that enables them to deliver their company targets and business profitability.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
- Develop a thorough understanding of all costs controlled by the Property Function, including, but not limited to Rent, Rates and Service Charges.
- As part of month end processes, own the posting of Property Costs and ensure that Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed with a high degree of insight.
- Prepare flash reports prior to month end and participate in month end meetings to provide insight into variances where appropriate.
- Support a selection of Property Cost Centres at month end
- Responsible for updating Oracle Property Manager on a monthly basis for all changes in leases and assisting the Senior Finance Analyst with other tasks required for IFRS16 Reporting.
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Analyst in establishing regular reporting and analysis of Property Costs.
- Support the Senior Finance Analyst with the Quarterly Forecasting and the Annual Budgeting process for Property Costs.
- Substitute for the Senior Finance Analyst in his/her absence.
- Develop an understanding of all areas controlled by the Property function in order to support on adhoc analysis / help provide support to the wider Property and Investments Finance team where appropriate.
What you’ll need to succeed
- At least part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Advanced knowledge of Excel essential
- Working knowledge of Oracle desirable
- Knowledge of Management Accounts essential
- Experience of working within a Retail environment preferable
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships both across the business and with external stakeholders, including working with non-finance customers
- Self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Here’s what’s in it for you
- 33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
- 30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Product both in store and online
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
- HQ on-site beauty treatments, canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
- Company pension matching and bonus
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply