Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
Maternity Cover 12 month FTC
The Retail Finance
department sits within the wider Commercial Finance team and consists of 7
finance business partners supporting the Retail, Security, Audit and
You will operate as a Finance Business Partner to the Head of Security & Audit and the Director of Retail to support them in the delivery of shrinkage KPIs. The role requires the ability to manage senior stakeholders, deliver presentations to senior stakeholders and provide the ‘so what’ to drive action. However, the role also requires the ability to manipulate data, interrogate systems and establish good process. There is a substantial reporting element to the role. In that way there is complete ownership of shrinkage from a Finance perspective.
As part of the wider Retail Finance team, this role will also provide support to 2 of our Regional General Managers and ongoing retail reporting and analysis.
• Preparation of weekly and monthly shrinkage reporting
• Provide insight and analysis on Store and Warehouse Shrinkage to internal stakeholders
• Prepare and present company Shrinkage results monthly to the Shrinkage Action Groups
• Collate analysis on top risk stores and provide support for monthly meetings with Security/Retail/Audit teams
• Own respective security cost centres, managing month end close including production of the finance packs, commentary, and any variance analysis
• Provide cost analysis highlighting risk and opportunities to Security, Retail, Commercial and Distribution teams
• Present Shrinkage information to Commercial Retail and Healthcare teams monthly to identify trends and opportunities to reduce Shrinkage by product
• Analyse Shrinkage for key brands and share with Group and UK Security teams for ongoing meetings.
• Performance reporting: pro-active analysis of actual and future performance of the region, areas and stores
• Own the budgeting and forecasting processes, providing quarterly forecasts and an operating plan for all relevant cost areas
• Provide financial analysis and support to investment decisions including business case preparation and presentations to the investment committee for Security related contracts
• To produce business reports both internally and externally to the parent company, and to identify and deliver developments in reporting, system use and processes ensuring they deliver robust business information in an efficient manner
• Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required across the wider Retail Finance team
• To attend regular Retail meetings as appropriate to gain a more thorough understanding of the Retail environment.
• To support the Finance Director, Head Of Commercial Finance, and Retail Finance Manager in relevant strategic initiatives.
Key Stakeholders: Head of Security and Risk, Operations Director, Finance Director, Retail Finance Manager, Head of Commercial Buyers, Head of Healthcare Buyers, Security teams, Audit teams (both internal and external)
What you will need to succeed
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- 3-4 years experience in retail/FMCG from medium or large company or big 4 background
- Management Accounts, reporting and forecasting experience
- Ability to understand complex systems and process
- High levels of curiosity to dig into issues and solve problems
- Strong Excel skills and ability to master technical skills quickly
- High attention to detail
- Ability to summarise detailed data and present it clearly at all levels of the business
- Ability to prioritise and manage parallel workflows with tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working in an analytical environment dealing with large data sets and providing solutions to minimise manual processing
- Commercial awareness
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's what is in it for you
- 33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
- We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
- 2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
- 30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
- Company pension matching and bonus
- Unrivalled Learning
and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply