Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
A.S. Watson (Health & Beauty UK) Ltd is the UK Group comprising of Health and Beauty retailers, Superdrug Stores plc, Savers Health & Beauty Ltd. You will be responsible for the accurate preparation of all Indirect Tax compliance and reporting obligations for the Group, including UK and ROI VAT returns, ECSL, Intrastats, associated Customs activities within AS Watson H&B UK.
You will drive continuous improvement and ensure the business is adhering to all relevant external regulations and internal policies, standards and related processes. Support and deputise for the Indirect Tax Manager in providing advisory services to the business, with indirect tax projects, and work with Group Tax colleagues where necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic VAT professional, with a background in indirect tax compliance, who has ideally already worked within the retail sector. The candidate should be looking to progress their career in a fast-paced industry based role within a successful and profitable business.
- Preparation, and submission, of all VAT compliance - quarterly UK VAT, bi-monthly ROI and quarterly Jersey GST return
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations for all VAT general ledger codes
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure VAT rates for products are correct, including determining the VAT liability on complex products
- Maintenance of the Bespoke VAT Retail Scheme (BRSA)
- Responsible for maintaining the tax risk register, regularly reviewing controls and processes to ensure they are relevant and fit for purpose
- Deliver VAT training to the business (AP, AR, etc)
- Supporting the Indirect Tax Manager on ad hoc advisory queries
- Drive continuous process improvement across all areas
- Trade Compliance:
- Preparation, and submission, of all returns, including monthly ECSLs, Intrastat declarations and bi-monthly ROI Sugar Tax return
- Ensuring relevant master data on products for customs requirements is kept up to date, including managing queries on commodity codes on all new SKUs
- Assisting with the monthly reconciliation of MSS reports and Deferment Account Statements
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance including, but not limited to, classification, Incoterms, dangerous goods, and other government obligations
What you need to succeed
- Professional UK VAT/indirect tax/finance qualification with experience of indirect tax exposure
- 3+ years retail experience preferable, either in-house or advising retail clients within a Big 4 or Mid-Tier Accountancy firm
- 'Hands on' approach coupled with in-depth analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills preferable
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at all levels
- Personality traits of credibility, integrity, initiative, determination, and results-orientated
- Ability to understand the “big picture” strategically as well as having an eye for detail
- Able to challenge the status quo, and look for creative solutions to issues
- Self-starter and able to work independently
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's what's in it for you
- 33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
- We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
- 2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
- 30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
- Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
- Company pension matching and bonus
- Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
- Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply