Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
The role is responsible for actively leading the Financial Operations function at Superdrug, directly responsible for Accounts Payable teams, as well as Master Data compliance across of Supplier and Product data across the business. This role will be required to work closely with other functions (Commercial, Operations, Supply Chain, Property and Procurement) to ensure continual development and maintenance of accounts payable processing relating to the business’ finance requirements.
A typical day in this role includes:
• Supporting both Accounts Payable managers (and team of 15) to ensure the successful maintenance of the AP ledgers, from invoice processing to supplier payments
• Supporting the Master Data manager (and team of 6) to ensure the integrity of the underlying Product, Property, Supplier and Customer data is maintained
• Overseeing all month end reporting responsibilities, from accurate period closing, to comprehensive balance sheet reconciliations
• Ownership of the employee expense system in Oracle Cloud Fusion, and liaising with the Customer & People team to ensure changes to expenses policy is maintained in the system
• Regularly reviewing, and challenging, KPI metrics and ensuring teams deliver against these, whilst building a Best-in-Class shared services function
• Facilitating a robust control environment, enabling both internal, and external, audit requirements to be delivered in line with policy, and on time
• Driving process change through coaching, training, operational process improvement and IT enhancements
• Playing an active role in the Finance Operations leadership team, deputising for the Financial Controller, where required
This job is a good fit for you if:
• You enjoy working in fast-paced, ever changing, shared services environment
• You are good at motivating a large team to deliver against KPIs and required
• You get satisfaction from a strong control environment
• You’re at your best when building great business relationships and can influence others to see from your point of view
• You like to add value through team collaboration and driving process improvement
• You are motivated by continuous team development through active coaching, and training
What you’ll need:
• Demonstrated capabilities as a Senior Leader in a finance shared service centre
• Self-starter and able to work independently
• Experience of accounts payable functions in multi-site retail businesses, or FMCG, is highly advantageous
• Knowledge of Oracle R12 is essential and Oracle Cloud Fusion is desirable
• Proven delivery of process improvement and team development
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
Job Spec to be completed later
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply