Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
The Buyer will be working within the skincare team and will seek to maximise sales and profit for these categories. This role plays a key part in selecting products and working with the Merchandising team to analyse the products’ performance. As a Buyer you will own the supplier relationships for your category by developing and implement strategic plans, while ensuring the customer remains central to your decision making. This role will report into the Senior Buyer at Superdrug Stores Plc.
A proven background in buying is key to this role, as well as a strong understanding of the market. You will have experience buying branded product and have creative eye and an awareness of current retail trends.
Strong commercial acumen, and superb Excel skills are key to this role, as well as the ability to work independently, efficiently and with initiative.
A typical day in this role includes:
• Developing and delivering category plans including range reviews, promotions, pricing and stock that are consistent with overall commercial strategy and financial objectives.
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing promotional plans and strategies that are relevant to category; adhere to legislation and brand guidelines’; and clearly and effectively communicate with the customer, driving footfall and profitable sales.
• Review and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, taking appropriate action where necessary, and sharing best practice with peers and other stakeholders.
• Work with the Own Brand team to develop and deliver Own Brand products/ranges that deliver increased participation and meet agreed strategy and plans.
• Working in partnership with the Merchandising team, agree merchandising strategy that drives and delivers right range in the right store; ensuring availability in store; and control of slow moving stock.
• Identify and implement new product opportunities that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability.
• Manage and review pricing, ensuring pricing that is competitive and maximises profitability. Operate within Company pricing strategy.
• Working in conjunction with Supply Chain team, ensure base sales and promotional forecasts are adhered to, whilst maintaining in-store availability to meet the customers needs.
• Develop effective internal working relationships with cross functional team members to support and enhance category objectives and performance
• Develop build and maintain effective external relationships to enhance the Superdrug proposition and meet customer needs.
• Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business.
• Category expert – utilise and continually develop knowledge in category products, competitors and market activity to deliver increased category performance objectives.
This job is a good fit for you if:
• You enjoy a fast paced, evert changing environment where you can own the strategic decision making for your categories
• You are a strong negotiator and able to secure the best outcomes for Superdrug
• You are decisive while able to critically analyses information to make decisions.
• You are motivated by achieving results in line with the business’ strategy.
What you’ll need:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a buyer in a retail environment (Grocer, Fragrance, Healthcare)
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong Excel skills
• Very strong commercial awareness and creative skills.
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Decisive and able to work in a super fast paced environment
• Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills.
• Display delegation skills, priorities within delegated tasks and manage deadlines.
• Practice excellent time management skills and ability to cope under pressure.
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply