Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
To be the key finance business partner to the Marketing (including Brand & Social, CRM, POS) teams, developing strong and effective working relationships in order to provide insight, analysis, support and effective cost control to the functions enabling the business to deliver company targets and profitability.
- Provide financial analysis and support to investment decisions including tender reviews, business case preparation and presentations to the investment committee.
- To analyse and support forward looking strategic marketing initiatives such as CRM customer promotions, along with providing key financial insight to ongoing working groups.
- To own the Marketing budgeting and forecasting processes, working closely with the functions to provide quarterly forecasts and an operating plan for these areas.
- To own and manage all the financial processes relevant to Marketing including ongoing cost evaluation, income recognition, and month end accounting, ensuring effective controls are in place and highlighting risks and opportunities to the business.
- Provide challenging and insightful adhoc commercial analysis to understand the impact of CRM promotions and other marketing initiatives on customer behaviour and business profitability.
- To be the key finance contact for Superdrug Mobile ensuring that all operational processes are understood, and associated accounting processes and controls are in place. Work closely with external providers to provide insight and reporting enabling the company to achieve revenue and profit targets.
- To be the finance owner of CRM points, providing insight to justify the ongoing accounting policy as well as understanding the impact of points promotions.
- Market research analysis of research papers and external retail analysis providing relevant summaries and recommendations to the business and be the key contact for industry bodies such as the BRC.
- To produce business reports both internally and externally to the parent company, and to identify and deliver developments in reporting, system use and processes ensuring they deliver robust business information in an efficient manner.
- To attend regular Marketing meetings as appropriate to gain a more thorough understanding of the commercial environment.
- To support the Finance Director, Head Of Commercial Finance, and Commercial Finance Manager in company-wide strategic initiatives.
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Retail/FMCG experience from a medium or large company preferred
- Strong Excel skills with VBA preferable and ability to master technical skills quickly
- Ability to prioritise and manage parallel workflows with tight deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Experience of working in an analytical environment dealing with large data sets and providing solutions to minimise manual processing
- Ability to summarise detailed data and present it clearly at all levels of the business
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply