Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
This is a 9 month fixed term contract
You will be responsible for managing all head office ER cases. Working with managers across the office team, you’ll provide expert guidance and case management to ensure absence, disciplinary, performance and grievance matters are dealt with in a timely and proactive manner. You’ll support training managers with our Managing at Superdrug course as well as identifying key trends and developing the right support materials to prevent issues re-occurring. You’ll coach managers to deliver the best ER case handling ensuring our culture is at the forefront of how we treat people when dealing with the more challenging areas of employment.
You’ll ensure all cases meet the high standards ready for any future conciliation or tribunal
You will act as voice of head office for the review of Policies and Procedures making sure they support our aims to treat our team as Adults and Human. You’ll share and seek best practice with other office teams across ASW UK and you’ll feed back into the ER Manager.
You’ll also proactively feed into the people development plan any themes or areas you’ve identified through your support of these cases.
You’ll take the lead on understanding and supporting great mental health in the office, working with our mental health first aiders and our wellbeing network to identify trends and opportunities.
You’ll keep up to date with current employment legislation
With a wealth of ER experience you will support the wider HR team on restructures linked to organisational design projects. To ensure we are best set up for the future.
• Working with and advising Managers at all levels in the office to resolve employee relations enquiries and issues
• Effectively manage relationships within the team and wider business, reinforcing the importance of the People Team and credibility of the department
• Manage Employment Relations caseload, engaging, when necessary, the services of the ER manager, and People Team colleagues to manage cases through to a quick resolution identifying risks and make recommendations.
• Become the go to expert in the office and ensure we consistently embed best practice.
• Provide regular updates on cases to the Senior People Manager as well as clear trend information
• Proactively manage projects; taking the leading role in steering groups which impact on ER for the office. In particular you will be responsible for ensuring restructuring and org design project work changes identified are landed in the best way possible to give great consistency of service.
• You’ll support managers beyond the just the technical of an ER case but work with them through the change journey required.
• Maintaining accurate records and keeping case files up to the required standard
• Work on and deliver communication to the functional teams about changes needed.
• Contribute to the overall Employee Relations and HR strategy for the business, feeding into the ER Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced ER professional to join a fast paced vibrant company.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in managing ER issues and have a proven track record in developing relationships with senior management and project management.
You will have a passion for getting the best outcome possible and a true understanding of the impact of ER on the wider team.
You’ll be able to influence great outcomes and challenge senior managers appropriately.
You will be looking for a role that will further develop you ER skills but expose you to bigger company wide projects and initiatives.
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply