Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
This is a key role within the Property and Investments Finance team that has the responsibility for the financial management of the Property Costs of Superdrug, c.800 Stores, and additional responsibility for Rent costs for our sister company Savers, c.500 stores.
You will work closely with the Property Director and his senior leadership team acting as their Business Partner to deliver value adding, accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis in order to support their strategic and commercial decision making.
In addition, the role has overall accountability for maintaining compliance with and the continued application of IFRS16. This includes the management of the Oracle Property Manager system, ensuring that there are full procedures and controls in place for both the P&L and Balance Sheet and that relevant reporting is amended to reflect the new standard.
· Develop a thorough understanding of all costs controlled by the Property Function, including, but not limited to Rent, Rates and Service Charges.
· Own the overall month end processes, ensuring that there are robust controls in place, all costs are accurately accounted for and Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed with a high degree of insight.
· Own the overall IFRS16 processes, including ensuring that the Oracle Property Manager system is updated for all changes in leases and the system tasks are completed each month.
· Develop close working relationships with the Finance Operations team in order to ensure efficiency across the complete management of the end to end processes for Property Costs.
· Improve and develop the Analysis process in order to deliver value added insight to key stakeholders
· Lead on the Quarterly Forecasting and the Annual Budgeting process for Property Costs, co-ordinating the inputs from the Property Function, 3rd Parties and other members of the Property & Investment Finance team and producing value added outputs for Board Review.
· Establish a strong and effective working relationship with the Finance teams of some of our 3rd party providers and attend relevant external meetings where appropriate
· Manage the day to day activities of the Property Finance Analyst direct report and support with their on-going development
· Develop an understanding of all areas controlled by the Property function in order to support on adhoc analysis / help provide support to the wider Property and Investments Finance team where appropriate.
· Identify and deliver developments in reporting, system use and processes ensuring they deliver robust business information in an efficient manner
· CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified
· Experience of IFRS16 desirable
· Experience of working within a Retail environment preferable
· Advanced knowledge of Excel essential
· Working knowledge of Oracle desirable
· Strong communication and time management skills
· Ability to develop strong working relationships both across the business and with external stakeholders, including working with non-finance customers
· Self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic
Key Health and Safety Responsibilities
Your duties as an employee are to:
· take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do at work;
· cooperate with the employer on health and safety matters;
· not misuse any equipment that is provided for safety purposes (e.g. fire extinguishers or safety goggles);
· follow instructions from the employer on health and safety matters and attend relevant health and safety training;
· report hazards and defects observed in the workplace; and
· report any accident, injury or near miss in the workplace.
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply