Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
To manage Own Brand product development, quality and supplier base across various assigned categories by working closely with commercial, design and supply chain colleagues. To deliver the agreed NPD plans by providing technical expertise throughout the new product development process and ensure pre and post launch product compliance and supplier compliance with both ASW Guidelines and existing regulatory requirements.
1. Develop Own Brand product ranges with the commercial team; setting out the technical and corporate social responsibility requirements.
2. Ensure all suppliers comply with and maintain compliance with ASW requirements.
3. Deliver the technical elements of the New Product Development process and ensure ongoing product and supplier compliance with ASW guidelines and relevant legal requirements.
4. Manage quality process within category, including for example product, packaging and pack claims. Ensure pack claims made can be substantiated; and quality issues are resolved with suppliers and other relevant departments.
5. Deliver the technical aspects of all critical paths to budget/cost and within set timescales.
6. Technical Expert – be an expert source of technical information, standards and legal requirements within assigned categories.
7. Regularly review and benchmark Own Brand products, with key competitors to ensure comparable quality is maintained.
8. Investigate customer complaints with suppliers, analyse trends from customer complaints or compliments and communicate accordingly to improve quality and performance of product.
9. Develop build and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
10. Continually keep up to date with standards, legal requirements and technical innovation.
11. Undertake store and supplier visits
• Experience working in fast paced commercial environment
• Sound knowledge in Cosmetics & Toiletries or Healthcare formulations and packaging technology
• Commercial acumen
• A degree or equivalent in Cosmetic Science
• Confident energetic approach
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service
(inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
For information on how we manage and store your data please go to https://www.superdrug.jobs/privacy-policy/
Degree level in a science discipline. Experience in the toiletries/cosmetic industry from either raw materials supplier, manufacturing , retailer
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply