Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
Lead digital marketing activities for the business. You will be accountable for leading the digital marketing activities driving traffic through to Superdrug.comYou will lead the relationship with our digital marketing agency and manage a significant marketing spend, maximising ROI behind best performing media and activity. You will lead a team of 6 and be responsible for managing their performance, for nurturing talent and managing performance in line with the company guidelines as needed. As the digital marketing leader you’ll also be accountable for finding new innovate ways to connect with our customers digitally, this will mean having ongoing relationships with digital health services provider
, Google and others as we continually strive for best practices. Additionally, as a senior leader in the marketing team you will take additional responsibility to coaching and mentoring other marketing team members as and when appropriate.
• Maximise traffic and sales to Superdrug.comYou are accountable to ensure we get more people to these sites YOY. You will work in partnership with these teams and ultimately look to drive new customer acquisition and closure. As you do this you’ll continually strive to improve ROI for the business
• Be closest to the digital customer journey: You will need to have an in-depth understanding of the online customer journey, making sure we are reaching customers at the right time and in the right place with the right message
• Brand Guardian online: You will need to monitor activities to ensure they are safe for the brand, always ensuring that the Superdrug brand appears in the right way for our customers. If it’s not you need to understand why and put in place actions to fix this going forward.
• Manage relationship with online digital marketing agencies: You will own the relationship directly and through your direct reports with our digital marketing and affiliates marketing agency.
• Trial and lead new digital activities: As and when the right opportunities arise to test and learn from new digital marketing models you will lead this, you will need to ensure that a learning and evaluation plan is in place, that we have clear success criteria and that what we are trailing is ultimately scalable to make a meaningful impact on the business
• Team Leadership & Development: Working with team to coach and develop them, regular 1:1’s, quarterly PDRs, nurture top talent and Have a clear process in place for performance management of poor performance within the team, in line with Company procedure. You will encourage your team to consider themselves marketers who have an accountability to the other parts of the business.
• Budget Management: Ensure spend is best used, delivering best possible ROI for company and in line with budget commitments
• Broader Marketing Team Leader: Coach mentor and support the broader marketing team
• Competitive understanding: Understand what our competitors are doing in the digital space, what we can learn from them and what are the risks. Put in place plans and process’s to monitor this and implement actions
- Data based and customer focused: Customers come first, this person needs to have experience of understanding customer behaviour through both quant and qualitative understanding, they need to be comfortable in using data from multiple sources to understand customer centred opportunities.
- Digital marketing experience: Proven ability in the digital marketing space, a good understanding of the basics on how we manage our business digitally, this includes good GA, PPC, affiliates and a good understanding of programmatic.
- Ability to work as part of many teams: You will report into marketing but be accountable to Superdrug.com, , you need to be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders.
- Passionate about brand safety: Digital marketing is fast paced and relies heavily on automation, this can lead to brand safety risks, you’ll need to be passionate about ensuring our brand always comes to life in the best way for customers on the digital journey
- Relentless ROI focused: Proven ability to maximise ROI behind campaigns, move spend quickly from non/ low performing activity to plans that deliver a better ROI.
- Agency management: This role needs to get the best out of agencies
- Negotiator: This role will require leading some difficult conversations at times with agencies over how we work and who does what. You will need to lead these conversations to ensure the best result for the company.
- Experience managing a team.
- Be flexible, this is a fast paced ever changing retail environment, this person will need to move with pace to bring opportunities to life
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
For information on how we manage and store your data please go to https://www.superdrug.jobs/privacy-policy/
Please would it be possible to pull out the JD for my role and use this - I can go through and see if there is anything that has changed.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply