This is an exciting opportunity for a lawyer to join a fast paced and commercially focused legal team and to provide strategic and pragmatic legal support to A. S. Watson and its three business units in the UK - Superdrug, The Perfume Shop and Savers.
will negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts and provide legal advice in
relation to a variety of matters. You will act as a trusted legal adviser to
colleagues throughout the business units at various levels of seniority. This
role reports to a Senior Legal Counsel and will contribute towards the
supervision of the trainee in the team.
A typical day in this role involves
- Negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts including marketing agreements, IT contracts, supply chain and logistics agreements and consignment contracts.
- Working closely with the procurement team on contract tenders and negotiation and managing the formal contract approval and signing process.
- Advising the marketing teams on advertising campaigns and strategy (including prize and competitions advice), as well as pricing and promotions approval.
- In the event of receiving any ASA or Trading Standards complaints, liaising with the marketing and commercial teams to investigate such complaints and to draft and submit appropriate responses.
- Assisting with IP/ TM disputes together with any general commercial disputes and litigation.
- Advising the business on data protection issues.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of training to the business on key legal issues.
This job is a good fit for your if:
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- You are relatable and inspire trust and confidence from stakeholders.
- You have a keen interest in the retail sector and working with a vibrant and fast-paced organisation.
- You have a broad general commercial background, ideally with experience gained in a well-respected commercial team in private practice or in-house.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to work directly with the business.
- You are proactive in identifying where legal support is required.
- You take an adaptable approach, moving with the business as decisions are made
What you'll need:
- English qualified lawyer of 3 - 5 years PQE.
- Commercial contracts experience.
- IP, marketing and advertising law experience beneficial.
- Privacy/ GDPR experience preferred, but not essential.
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivaled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
For information on how we manage and store your data please go to https://www.superdrug.jobs/privacy-policy/
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply