We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling!
Our Beauty Studio offers pampering in-store. Services include brow and lash treatments, manicures, pedicures and full hair salon services.
Passionate about hair and beauty? Are you able to lead a team to drive sales and performance?
Our Salon Manager provides an excellent service to customers within the salon environment and reflect our vision, mission and values by leading the hair team and driving sales. Our professional salon partner TIGI offers customers the best treatments and products using TIGI professional range.
In a fast-moving environment, you’ll know how to have fun too, while keeping the Beauty Studio team's performance on track.
Here's the exciting bit…a great day includes
A typical day in this role includes:
- Every day is different in our salon so our Salon Manager must constantly ensure customer’s needs are identified and met by:
- Team management including performance of stylists, creation of rotas and training/education of stylists.
- Carrying out any People related processes for the salon team.
- Running the social media accounts for the salon.
- Support with customer queries and complaints and ensuring that customers are welcomed and leave with “That Superdrug Feeling”.
- Encouraging the team to upsell to customers in the Superdrug store and create interest in the rest of the Beauty Studio areas.
- Continuously mentor and manage the team, continue your learning and share knowledge with your team to maximise sales and deliver exceptional service.
- Carry out treatments in a relaxed, friendly and clean environment.
- Book customer’s appointments with efficient time allocated for each appointment.
- Schedule each area of the salon to ensure the right people, with the right skill, are in the right place, at the right time.
- Take ownership for the ordering and management of salon stock.
- Leading by example to ensure the best consultation and advice takes place with customers, especially when providing a colour service.
- Operating the cash register to receive payments from customers and ensuring the correct cash up procedures are followed at the start and the end of the day, supporting the wider store with this task if needed.
- Promoting and demonstrating products for retail.
What you’ll need to succeed
To come on board as a Salon Manager - Hair
- Are a strong and confident people manager
- You enjoy continuously learning and are up to date with new techniques, styles and products in the industry.
- You can mentor and develop your team by identifying performance development and support requirements.
- You are good at proactively working to improve service awareness in the store and on the high street.
- Can confidently cross sell services – talking to every customer about our Nail bar, piercing service and brow bar.
- You can easily identify opportunities to upsell to customers in both treatment and hair product.
- You can motivate a team to drive sales and provide an excellent service.
- You have a passion for the hair industry and love what you do.
- You understand how to tailor and explain the features and benefits of products and treatments to fit the customers’ needs.
What you’ll need:
- Possess NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Have outstanding communication skills
- Established background in hairdressing
- Experience of people management and performance management
Here’s how you are rewarded
- Competitive salary and up to 28 days holiday
- Up to 30% discount for you and a nominated friend or family member
- Complimentary hair and beauty services
- Earn to 20% commission on sales
- Regular training with our brand partner TIGI
- Competitions throughout the year – prizes include, TIGI masterclasses in London, attendance at TIGI professional photoshoots, win a weeks wages during seasonal events, team night outs and many more.
Hours per week: full time, 39 hours a week, across Monday to Sunday
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum
Come and be part of something special!
For information on how we manage and store your data please go to www.superdrug.jobs/privacy-policy/
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply