Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
This role is responsible for providing direct finance support to the Head of Finance Operations and to the wider Finance Operations team for Superdrug and Savers.
This role will be required to work with closely with other functions outside of finance (i.e. Commercial, Buyers, Property, internal audit and IT primarily) to ensure continual development and compliance to procedures relating to the business’s finance requirements.
Support Finance Operations owned tenders and contract renewals, including preparation of IC submissions and costing analysis.
Assist with the preparation of all monthly reporting of performance and metrics for Finance Operations, liaising with other managers as required.
Work with Purchase Ledger team to generate price/volume variance trackers for key vendors ensuring accuracy between Retek and Oracle. Provide support to Credit team where required to chase claims.
Review and manage with the support of the Head of Finance Operations the audit recovery arrangement, in terms of allocation of claims and verification of invoices.
• Ensuring all AS Watson AP USD payments are processed for Superdrug and Savers prior to month end with corresponding stock in transit accrual at month end.
• Review and posting of any adjustments for provision for bad debt for Superdrug and Savers.
• Balance Sheet reconciliations of assigned GL accounts within agreed timeframe ensuring any reconciling items are actioned and cleared.
• Any other accounting activities as assigned.
• Quarterly data submissions to treasury.
• Quarterly attestation file preparation, co-ordinate review meetings, signing of final documents and submission to Hong Kong. Resolve any queries received.
• Quarterly Accounting reporting as defined.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Knowledge and experience in finance processes undertaken by centralised finance functions/ Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses.
• Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous
• Strong excel skills required
• Degree qualified and undertaking accounting qualification (ACCA or equivalent).
Here's what's in it for you
33 days holiday rising to 38 days with length of service (inclusive of bank holidays)
Being part of more! We are part of a group who work closely with Savers, The Perfume Shop and Three UK.
We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world's largest
international health and beauty retailer with over 15,700 stores in 25 markets!
2 staff discount codes for yourself and a family member or friend
30% discount on Superdrug Own Brand Products both in store and online
Currently we are working from home in line with government guidelines When we are able you will be working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office close to East Croydon Station
Company pension matching and bonus
Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
Hours: 37.5 | 9.00am - 5.30pm
For information on how we manage and store your data please go to https://www.superdrug.jobs/privacy-policy/
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply